Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I recently took an inline muzzle loader in there to have open sights added so I could use irons or a scope. They drilled the rear sight so far back that I can only have one or the other mounted at a time because the sight interferes with the front bell of the scope.

I am a Forum User
    As said earlier, have you checked the serial numbers?

All you have to do is go on Ruger's web site and look up when the gun was made.

The site lists the year of manufacture with starting serial number.

Or just call Ruger and ask, knowing when a firearm was made is your advantage.

MGO Member
    I don't know anything about Williams, but I've yet to see any Ruger firearm come from the factory without some defect in the finish. Some more than others. They test them before shipping, and don't clean them, so getting a dirty gun is par for the course. I have a new GP100 .22 that came with a broken rear sight blade, and an area on the frame that looks like it was scratched, and repaired with a Brillo pad. There are scratches on the barrel and cylinder front, and the muzzle looks like it was polished in 2 different directions.

Since I tend to shoot the snot out of my guns, having them come "pre-worn" doesn't bother me, as long as they're able to put the bullet where I want it to go. That being said, Ruger's QC is not up to snuff, and we shouldn't have to expect new guns to be delivered in this condition.
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

I am a Forum User
    Man up, it's nobody's fault but you own.

Why would you do the paperwork, pay and leave the store without looking it over?

It came from Ruger like that. It's not a rare or exciting pistol that the guys just had to "take out back" and shoot.

Blame yourself or blame Ruger...not Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    Man up, it's nobody's fault but you own.

Why would you do the paperwork, pay and leave the store without looking it over?

It came from Ruger like that. It's not a rare or exciting pistol that the guys just had to "take out back" and shoot.

Blame yourself or blame Ruger...not Williams.
    DING DING DING We have a winner.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    I'm curious why if you sent it back to Ruger and it still doesn't meet your standards why do you believe that it's a problem with Williams rather than Ruger?
    I'm not doubting you just curious. I will say that personally I can think of dozens of stores with better customer service and prices then Cabelas.

I am a Forum User
    My problem with williams is the fact that

1. It was used, a lot, and had been taken apart by someone who didn't know what they were doing.
    2. With the wear as it is the gun was obviously used but their gunsmith tell me that is wasn't. Try working with the customer instead of lying about it.
    3. The parts replaced and the work done also suggests a used gun.

Sorry I couldn't look it over with a magnifying glass at the store. I never had a problem with them in the past so I really didn't think I should have to do that. Not to mention that if my eyes keep going the way they have been over the last 10 years, I might have another 10 left before no more shooting for me.

The problem will never happen again since they won't get a dime from me. I had other things to do and haven't called Ruger yet, but depending on what they say there may never be another new or used Ruger bought by me. I really didn't like Bill Sr much, but I don't think a firearm would have left the factory in this condition if he were still running the show.

If this is what to expect from Ruger these days I'll stick with Pietta and Uberti. QA there might just be light years ahead. That is something I never thought I would say given my past Rugers have been pretty much pristine when I opened the boxes.

And you williams supporters, tell me if it was only test fired at the Ruger factory why did it take 1300 strokes with an over sized brush, and Barnes before the patches looked like a day at the range? I still have a ways to go but the end is in sight.

So you can stick with williams, and I wish you luck but I won't recommend them again, and I introduce a lot of new shooters. Come Monday I may never recommend Ruger again either.

MGO Member
    You should probably check out America's Best or Lens Crafters. You said you can't see four feet in front of you so get the help you need. You purchased the product in person and you want to blame Williams for this.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by donkee View Post
    My problem with williams is the fact that

1. It was used, a lot, and had been taken apart by someone who didn't know what they were doing.
    2. With the wear as it is the gun was obviously used but their gunsmith tell me that is wasn't. Try working with the customer instead of lying about it.
    3. The parts replaced and the work done also suggests a used gun.

Sorry I couldn't look it over with a magnifying glass at the store. I never had a problem with them in the past so I really didn't think I should have to do that. Not to mention that if my eyes keep going the way they have been over the last 10 years, I might have another 10 left before no more shooting for me.

The problem will never happen again since they won't get a dime from me. I had other things to do and haven't called Ruger yet, but depending on what they say there may never be another new or used Ruger bought by me. I really didn't like Bill Sr much, but I don't think a firearm would have left the factory in this condition if he were still running the show.

If this is what to expect from Ruger these days I'll stick with Pietta and Uberti. QA there might just be light years ahead. That is something I never thought I would say given my past Rugers have been pretty much pristine when I opened the boxes.

And you williams supporters, tell me if it was only test fired at the Ruger factory why did it take 1300 strokes with an over sized brush, and Barnes before the patches looked like a day at the range? I still have a ways to go but the end is in sight.

So you can stick with williams, and I wish you luck but I won't recommend them again, and I introduce a lot of new shooters. Come Monday I may never recommend Ruger again either.
    Remind me to never sell you ANYTHING.

I am a Forum User
    Leader, if I was buying a used firearm from you then you wouldn't have anything to worry about if it was advertised as used. The fact that you can't see that I suppose shows a distinct lack if intellect, IE; you ain't too bright. I guess that alone would preclude me from buying anything from you anyway so I guess this post cancels itself out.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast