Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Glass for a M96-1908 Swedish Mauser

Got a real nice shooting M96-1908, it's not all matching numbers but the price was right and it shoots great. Now unfortunately it will reach out 500m(and further), but my 59yo eyes just won't anymore. Recommendations for mounts & glass. I have a Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14x40 that I could put on it. It's not a collectors item so drilling for mounts is not out of the question, is that the best choice? I do have bent bolt on it so I should get clearance.

I know they make mount kits that use the rear ladder sight for mounting but I a not really looking for Scout type setup. I also have to wonder how solid they are. I am not adverse to using a better piece of glass either. I have access to 750m or better private location to play with.

I had one years ago that I put a Burris 3x9x40 on with Redfield mounts IIRC. I don't know why your Ziess wouldn't work as well or better.
    Dick Williams drilled and tapped it for me, added a low swing Buehler safety, and touched up the trigger. It shot very well for a Mil-Surp rifle
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Swedish Mauser has always been a rifle I wanted.