Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: New scope help

MGO Member

New scope help

How do the Vortex scopes compare to the Bushnell Elite scopes such as the 3500 series? Thinking about a 3X9 or 4X12, all ready have three Elites and have had no problems. Also who might have the best prices?

I am a Forum User
    Which Vortex? They make several product lines.

MGO Member
    Don't have a clue how any of them stack up against the Elite line, What Vortex compares to the 3500 line?

I am a Forum User
    The Vortex Diamondback line wold be comparable to the Elite 3500 line. I have several Vortex Diamondbacks and am very happy with them. I don't know how they would compare to the 3500s though.

I am a Forum User
    I have 1 vortex diamondback and it is nowhere near the quality that the 3500 elite's are in. Optical quality is far superior on the bushnell.

MGO Member
    Thanks, Good to know.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    How do the Vortex scopes compare to the Bushnell Elite scopes such as the 3500 series? Thinking about a 3X9 or 4X12, all ready have three Elites and have had no problems. Also who might have the best prices?
    For what firearm, what caliber? For target, hunting, defense? What distances?

MGO Member
    23 inch .357 Max to help ease the Deer Population. Out to 250 yds.

I am a Forum User
    I have a viper hs 4-16x44. It is a good scope but I don't think it is worth the money, ~$500. On bright clear days, this scope is awesome up to 10-12 power. In other conditions the clarity is not as good and gets worse the as the power is increased.
    I have used a crossfire 2 4-12x50 and it seems to have a blue/purple tint in less than ideal conditions.
    I have also used a viper 6-24x50 hst in low light conditions at 400 yards. This scope was set to 14 power to achieve the best clarity and it wasn't good.

I don't know how these scopes compare to the bushnell 3500 but to me, a redfield revolution 4-12x40 easily has better glass than a crossfire 2.