Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Edit: either way I guess my biggest issue with mil ammo cans is I tend to stack things vertically to make the best use of floor space in my small house, and the handles on those cans tend to make stacking rather difficult, so currently am using the plastic "ammo crate" they work for me for now.
    They should have a stamped bottom to accommodate the handles for stacking. I stack mine 6 high in my locker no problem.

The ones that stack great are the 40mm cans. They have tabs on the top corners that lock into the bottom of the can on top. They are rock solid when stacked. The dual handles make for easier carrying too. All have the rubber seal as well.

MGO Board of Directors

Wow - that's cool.

I wonder if 12' of water would have made any difference with the steel cans. It would have added another 5 pounds of pressure or so, and might have made a difference. (Wonders the guy that is having a 12-14' pond dug....)
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Wow - that's cool.

I wonder if 12' of water would have made any difference with the steel cans. It would have added another 5 pounds of pressure or so, and might have made a difference. (Wonders the guy that is having a 12-14' pond dug....)

Add a bead of caulk on the rubber seal before closing, let cure, toss in....

I am a Forum User
    Good info! Thanks Ruger!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    They should have a stamped bottom to accommodate the handles for stacking. I stack mine 6 high in my locker no problem.

The ones that stack great are the 40mm cans. They have tabs on the top corners that lock into the bottom of the can on top. They are rock solid when stacked. The dual handles make for easier carrying too. All have the rubber seal as well.
    +1 All .MIL cans have the stamped bottom to clearance for handles. Makes stacking them easy. Also they al have the rubber seal in them, all the cans I have/use are actual used .mil cans, and they all contain the rubber seal in the lid to keep out water and crud. Working on getting more cans for ammo, and more ammo for cans, and more cans for ammo, and more ammo for cans.....never ending circle of want/need.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

I am a Forum User
    I had a real life experiment... 3/4 plastic ones failed miserably.... all my metal ones worked well, one let in a couple drops when submerged for 1 day, I laid out the ammo to dry and replaced that one.

amazingly, I had a lot of ammo in factory cardboard boxes.... most of it made it without issue. had some reloads have about a 95% success rate... so they turned into more of just plinking fodder than they already were. also surprising, shotshells fared really well, I haven't had an issue at all shooting those even ones that were submerged for almost two days.

I am a Forum User
    I have several of these cans I use to store ammo. I always wondered how well they sealed. This is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    +1 All .MIL cans have the stamped bottom to clearance for handles. Makes stacking them easy. Also they al have the rubber seal in them, all the cans I have/use are actual used .mil cans, and they all contain the rubber seal in the lid to keep out water and crud. Working on getting more cans for ammo, and more ammo for cans, and more cans for ammo, and more ammo for cans.....never ending circle of want/need.
    I have three large cans, forget what they designation is full of ak, galil, and fal mags. In short, you need mag cans on your list.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    All of my ammo IS in plastic Plano boxes. It WILL be in 50 cal steel ammo cans as soon as they arrive from PSA .My brother's house recently caught fire. He had ammo in several containers. The stuff he had in a steel GI can looks perfect. The other stuff was exposed to water & heat. Not sure if it's even any good now. Anybody want to buy some Plano ammo cans for cheap?
    Still selling those Plano boxes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12