Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Rubber dummies safe for Lapeer Pit shooting range?

Hi, I'm a new member. I don't have much experience with rifle or shotgun. I just found out about the Lapeer pit and I'd like to go there to practice shooting rifle and shotgun. I was curious if anyone would know if the rubber dummies were safe targets to use at that location. I want to have proper etiquette and make sure I'm safe and I'm not putting anyone else there at any risk of injury. I was going to buy some ar 500 steel targets but I got nervous when I read about possible riccochet problems. I've been watching lots of videos of rubber dummies and they look really fun. I also like how if you wanted you could shoot at point blank range with your hand guns practicing drawing from holster.

Second question; can we practice shooting from holster at Lapeer Pit?

Thanks I just want to make sure I'm using proper etiquette when I go for my first time.

Thank you,

Carlo

I am a Forum User
    "A person shall not do any of the following:

Target shoot at anything other than a paper, cardboard, clay or commercially produced portable target designed and manufactured for the specific purpose of target shooting."

If it's a target manufactured for that purpose, according to those rules you can shoot it.

As for shooting from the holster, you can.

Be safe, have fun and clean up your mess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In Memoriam Forum User
    I used to shoot the orange rubber targets at the pit.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/do-a...dCatid=1234208

Only problem, it soon became a target for just about everyone else, and people started shooting the hell out of it. When it's time to go home, retrieval was another concern, make sure everyone on the range hears, and acknowledges your request for a cease fire.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Thanks for the feedback! I heard it's common for others to shoot at your targets at the pit. Seems like people don't have proper etiquette there. If that's the case I guess I won't be using a rubber dummy.

Any idea on the max yd for zero in?

Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I heard it's common for others to shoot at your targets at the pit. Seems like people don't have proper etiquette there. If that's the case I guess I won't be using a rubber dummy.

Any idea on the max yd for zero in?

Thanks!
    If I remember correctly, max I was able to get was 80 yards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk