Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Im thinking i can get used to this ambi on my new RIA and save a few dollars....

Sent from my ME302C using Tapatalk
    Have you had a opportunity to put any rounds through the RIA? They are nice shooting pistols. It is one of my personal favorites.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
    Have you had a opportunity to put any rounds through the RIA? They are nice shooting pistols. It is one of my personal favorites.
    Hi Eric, i put 100 through it last weekend and i really like the feel! I thought it would be a really heavy hold being all steel, now that ive shot it i will be a convert...

Hi Eric, i put 100 through it last weekend and i really like the feel! I thought it would be a really heavy hold being all steel, now that ive shot it i will be a convert...
    That's good news. My RIA has never seen factory ammo. Reloading to feed it makes for a fun economical shooting piece. Enjoy!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
    That's good news. My RIA has never seen factory ammo. Reloading to feed it makes for a fun economical shooting piece. Enjoy!
    What boolits are you using? Cast or copper jacketed? I cast everything for my other calibers, but i have heard these guns only do well on jacketed. Not sure if i believe it....

What boolits are you using? Cast or copper jacketed? I cast everything for my other calibers, but i have heard these guns only do well on jacketed. Not sure if i believe it....
    Mine has had pretty much everything. This is my zombie Loads, Eggleston Munitions Cast Coated Bullets:

I also load a load of Xtreme, mostly 230gr.

I am a Forum User
    Excellent! Thanks, now i know which my next MP mold will be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    get an ambi model of your choice and you can drop a left hand mag release in for around $100, thats about as close to a true "left" hand models as your going to get with out spending big $$

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Just for the fun of it....yes, there ARE Southpaw .45's out there....and as mentioned - made by Randall. It just takes a little searching to find 'em. Took me 32 years to put my collection together - including the three southpaws. I was VERY fortunate, in that as I roamed the net over the years in my search, fellow collectors took pity on me, and made me deals I couldn't pass up on the three I finally managed to corral. One of them, an older gentleman who'd been told to "get his affairs in order", even shipped me the gun BEFORE he even got payment for it! He recognized me from other forums, and said he felt I could be trusted - one of the highest compliments I've ever been paid on a forum - and yes, he had his USPS money order on his doorstep the same day I got the gun.
    I'm a bit of a .45 nut, I guess - currently the collection is 70+ - and my goal is 100.

I am a Forum User
    There are two left handed 1911's being offered on GunBroker right now:

A Cabot

A Randall

The guy offering the Randall has come down $ 200, which is surprising since these pistols were approaching $ 4,000 a year or so ago.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    There are two left handed 1911's being offered on GunBroker right now:

The guy offering the Randall has come down $ 200, which is surprising since these pistols were approaching $ 4,000 a year or so ago.
    Wrong time of year, I'm thinking.....last Southpaw I saw on GB went for north of $6k. A lot of folks wait until the last day before making a move on them.

They're wanting pretty close to retail on the Cabot - and the Randall has a pretty nasty idiot mark on it.....
    Last edited by TexasRedneck; 01-19-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast