Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Indiana resident coming to vacation in UP

Hello again...

It's that time of year again, my wife and I are headed back to the UP for a vacation from our home here in Indiana.

I've been having a hard time making sense of Michigan gun laws and finding recent changes as it pertains long guns.

The firearms.pdf on legislature.mi.gov is a huge jumble of ammends this and ammends that... and is 2 years out of date.

We are taking a 18" barrel Remington 870 6+1 with AR style stock to family owned property. Standard stock is available.

We are transporting it in a locked case, in the car trunk, will inform if pulled over, avoiding DNR property.

The gun will be secured with a cable lock if we leave the family property. No children present.

Anything else I need to know?
    Last edited by K_W; 07-11-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Nothing special about shotguns/rifles in MI. You are good to go on your method of transport. No need to notify anyone about transporting a long gun. You may be applying the concealed pistol requirement to inform, not applicable to legal transport of a long gun.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

I am a Forum User
    As stated, shotgun transportation is legal if UNLOADED & in case or in trunk.
    No locks required & no duty to inform if stopped.