Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well...... I've isolated a big cause of the problem....

It's the comp. With the comp off, there is no malfunction. It is definitely sending a sharp impulse that is causing the different latches to hop out of the detent.

IMG_3520.jpg

The unfortunate thing is, now that there is no comp on this 4.5 lb rifle, it recoils the same as my heavily comped FAL. The point of the build was to have an ultra-light near recoiless rifle. Frustrating. I guess the search for a new muzzle device starts now. Maybe a linear comp...since I can't have a powerful comp on the end and have to deal with the brutal recoil that is the 5.56, I might as well direct the blast down range. Or just get a suppressor...

Yay race guns.

I am a Forum User
    Did you try a GI style charging handle with the comp?

I know it's been mentioned, but is the gas key hitting the back channel of the charging handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    I know it's been mentioned, but is the gas key hitting the back channel of the charging handle?

No, not at all.

I've determined it to be the brake. With it off it functions fine, but with it on it pops the latch and jumps the detent on both handles I have. The M4-72 is just too effective a brake for as light as this gun is.

I finally got a new brake in after waiting a long while for it. An Interceptor by Vendetta, a company that makes random gun parts and.....fidget spinners??? Whatever. The look matches the hand guard, and most importantly it has less aggressive baffling as the M4-72 AND it's all titanium and weighs less than an ounce.. The color isn't exactly.....black...(they call it 'titankote') but I'm more interested in the weight and reduced number of baffles. The two holes in the top and the angled front baffle should act as a decent comp too.

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

Still though the latch on the charging handle should be enough of a mechanical lock to keep the charging handle locked no matter what brake you have on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Still though the latch on the charging handle should be enough of a mechanical lock to keep the charging handle locked no matter what brake you have on there.
    The inertia of the extended handle on the latch was the issue. The gun was being pulled out from underneath it like dishes on a tablecloth.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234