Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Still sucks
    Why?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    Why?
    Because there isn't a retired LEO out there that is any better then ME and I still can't carry everywhere.

MGO Member
    Because there isn't a retired LEO out there that is any better then ME and I still can't carry everywhere.
    Isn't the goal, to get as many law abiding residents as possible, to be able to carry everywhere?

I am a Forum User
    Isn't the goal, to get as many law abiding residents as possible, to be able to carry everywhere?
    Then you would be in favor of a law allowing everyone EXCEPT LEO's & retired LEO's to carry in no carry zones?

MGO Member
    Then you would be in favor of a law allowing everyone EXCEPT LEO's & retired LEO's to carry in no carry zones?
    I wouldn't promote any law to restrict carry for anyone, but i certainly wouldn't vote against a bill that allows MORE to carry. A little here a little there gets us closer to the goal.

I am a Forum User
    I wouldn't promote any law to restrict carry for anyone, but i certainly wouldn't vote against a bill that allows MORE to carry. A little here a little there gets us closer to the goal.
    No. Just No.

All that accomplishes is "special classes" of citizens and MORE restrictions for us not so special citizens. Then excuses later that they(legislation) already did something for us in terms of "pro gun" rights, while accomplishing absolutely nothing for the common people.

I am a Forum User

This will allow non-residents to carry where the typical mortal can't.

The line they are adding doesn't start with "is licensed under this act", it just includes LEO that make the definition in 18 USC 926C. And if I read that right, it may include all sorts of lawyers too.

And there is something else about the general concept of more is better. Once most of "those" groups get "theirs", that group is no longer "us", and drop out of the quest!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    No. Just No.

All that accomplishes is "special classes" of citizens and MORE restrictions for us not so special citizens. Then excuses later that they(legislation) already did something for us in terms of "pro gun" rights, while accomplishing absolutely nothing for the common people.
    How does allowing more people to carry, add more restrictions? Is there further restrictions in the bill?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    This will allow non-residents to carry where the typical mortal can't.

The line they are adding doesn't start with "is licensed under this act", it just includes LEO that make the definition in 18 USC 926C. And if I read that right, it may include all sorts of lawyers too.

And there is something else about the general concept of more is better. Once most of "those" groups get "theirs", that group is no longer "us", and drop out of the quest!
    Do you think that the majority of police officers are against law abiding citizens, from being able to carry in more places?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast