Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member Forum User
    Having not owned a CCP, but having owned both a walther P99 and PK380, this may or may not be relevant...
    I've noticed both of my above-mentioned firearms are incredibly picky about ammo quality. EVERY time i try to fire cheap trash range ammo through either of them, they both malfunction within 30-50 rounds. Usually the specific malfunction is the "next up" round not reaching the chamber, getting stuck just in the top of the mag. I have no idea why this happens, as I'm not a gun mechanic... but it almost never happens when firing the same amount of rounds using high grade ammo. (It should be noted that when these malfunctions occur, the range time was started with clean guns, the only dirtiness occurring from that specific range time).

[EDIT] -> As an afterthought, I figured it might be relevant to also state I am not prone to limp-wristing or loose-gripping. This may have some relevance to your issue, or it may not. If you tend to limp-wrist when firing, which is surprisingly easy to do with the Walthers (because they are so light and feel good in the hand), it may affect slide travel and return... Now, I'm far from an expert, so it's just a point worth mentioning...
    Last edited by Some Donkus; 08-25-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Bought the CCP, was terribly unimpressed. It looked like a mini PPQ so I naively believed it would handle like the PPQ. Nope, uh uh! Dots are too small, trigger is poor and it wasn't very fun to train with; because of the GDB the gun gets hot quickly. Finally, yeah I'm one of those people who never quite got the hang of field stripping it. I sent it in for the safety recall service and sold it when it returned from Walther.

However I never had the problems you experienced. But I think two people nailed it, weak reloads and the spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12