Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    What finally woke up SAF?
    ????

They file lawsuits all the time. It is mostly what they do.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_moo View Post
    And....we've been dealing with this since last December with our nephew. We refuse to give up the gun info and "past relationships" information they've been asking for. This is in addition to my hot water being 5 degrees too hot and the parade of people wanting to constantly come in and out of my house.

We live well and they're putting us under an unheard of amount of scrutiny when we are not the ones that are idiots and had kids taken away. We don't even want the State's money, we just want to take care of the kid without them interfering.

We applied for a waiver since it's a relative but were denied. So... We're just sitting tight for now.
    that is horrible that you have to go through all of that. But it is an amazing thing you are trying to do to help those kids!

I am a Forum User
    It looks like they did a very good job picking a sympathetic case to address the problems in the system. Especially when it's people who will take in family members like that, I don't think they get a lot of time to research and see what they are signing up for.

To me their policies on firearms seem like something that was established a while back and there have been a whole lot of changes in the law that were not really kept up with. But it is pretty clear that the policies were not going to get updated without a lawsuit like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    ????

They file lawsuits all the time. It is mostly what they do.
    In MI?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    In MI?
    They file them all over the country.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    They file them all over the country.
    I know they do... my point was they've mostly seemed to have ignored MI.

I am a Forum User
    Well I'll be contacting SAF come Monday. They just told my wife (she was at her mandated class) that she either gives up her CPL or gives up being a foster parent. She told them that they cannot take away her constitutional right and they said "no we cant, but you either agree to it or dont become a foster parent". Apparently they gave her all kinds of documentation on it. I'll have to get it from her later.

Words cant express how pissed I am
    Last edited by TylerV76; 07-22-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Sorry to hear your wife is a victim of these idiotic bureaucrats.
    It would be nice if judges and agencies actually knew the constitution.
    That's probably asking too much.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Sorry to hear your wife is a victim of these idiotic bureaucrats.
    It would be nice if judges and agencies actually knew the constitution.
    That's probably asking too much.
    I was already at my wits end with this disaster of an organization. Today pushed it over the edge. She has been given 5 dates, that the child she has been approved to foster (family friend), would be released to her. All 5 times they change the date the day before. She has taken absurd amounts of time off work to be there when the child is given to her. Now today they pull this crap.

She's been dealing with MDHHS since December on this child and has been approved for 2 months now.

Now the question becomes if they will release the child without her being licensed since it's being done at the families request or if this will screw everything up. She doesnt give 2 craps about the state funding that the license will give her, she just wants the child with someone she knows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    I was informed that the Children's Foster Home Licensing Technical Assistance (TA) Manual described the state's policy/rules with regard to firearms and foster children. See pages 88-90. There is no rule/law that requires giving up of a CPL, giving up your guns, etc.

Fostering TA Manual.pdf

I'm under the impression that folks to are running into these issues aren't getting this information directly from the state but instead, from the private agencies the state uses to place/administer foster children.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast