Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

1943 Mint Smith Corona 1903a3

Anyone know a ballpark price for it?

$675-$850 depending on how correct it is.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks

MGO Member
    Thanks for the pics.......now I know what MINT looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Thanks for the pics.......now I know what MINT looks like.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    mint grows terribly in a pot. it grows great in an open yard. I can't wait for it to take over my back yard. I like mint.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    $675-$850 depending on how correct it is.
    While it's hard to tell from the pics exactly how "mint and correct" it actually is. IF it can accurately be described as both of those terms, it may be word double that estimate!
    From what I remember about the 03's, the Smiths are the most desirable maker ( if it still sports the original barrel) of all the 03's as they had 4 rifling grooves in the bore instead of just 2 grooves like the others.
    Also, while it looks like your bolt has the correct green-blue coating, there are also many other individual parts on the action, sights, mag floor plate, etc... which will have varying colors of protective coating on them, to make the rifle "correct".

I have a good friend who has one of the most "mint and correct" Smith 03's that you'll ever see and it's amazing how colorful/collage-like the "bluing" is on that rifle... He bought it from that author, Scott Duff who writes all those collectors books about 03's, Garrands, Carbines, etc...
    If you'd like to find out how correct yours may be, I'd suggest getting Duff's (or others) book and see what you have...

prices on all those old martial rifles have gone through the roof in recent years...
    A couple years ago, I traded a fairly non-correct, but decent shape Remington 03-A3 for a brand new Keltec KSG, when those were tough to find (at the time they cost $900+ when you could find them).

That old thing!?

I'll do you a favor and give you $300 for it.

Nice rifle. Without a closer look, I'd say $600-$1300. 50% of the value is in the last 5% of the condition.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    is this item still up for sale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast