Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

1965 Ishapore Enfield

1965 Ishapore Enfield 2A1 in 7.62x51mm. Such a beautiful riffle I couldn't pass it up.

[IMG]0801171939b by ah1f39, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]0801171939a by ah1f39, on Flickr[/IMG]

The rifle is in like new condition except for the scout mount.

It was produced as a 7.62 rifle from the factory as a stop gap the fill slow FAL production. It is not a .303 converted to .308.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishapore_2A1_rifle

The original wood for most of the 2a1 was teak, not walnut as other Enfields. This is because of the availability of teak over walnut in India. Also the teak withstands the humid climate of India better. From the ground up the 2a1 was redesigned as a new rifle, the steel is a much higher quality to handle the pressures of .308. And the stocks are teak for better durability and less susceptibility to rot.

As far as the finish, I'm not sure it doesn't appear to have been redone judging by the crud and such in certain crevices. I've only found two small scratches on the fore end caused by the sling buckle . The butt plate shows only the smallest amount of wear from rack storage. Pretty sure this riffle was never issued. It has definitely never been in a field or training environment.

The bore is in new pristine condition. The steel bluing shows no sign of being redone the stampings and roll marks are deep, sharp and clear.

I did find an import stamp. N.A. RDGFIELD N.J. Navy Arms, Ridgefield, New Jersey was the importer. Making this a Gibbs Rifle Company No7 Jungle Carbine conversion.
    http://www.gibbsrifle.com/historical_remakes_.html

If it has been refinished, Gibbs did a wonderful job. According to the Gibbs page they use the original wood when doing the conversion. The rifle must have been in outstanding condition before the conversion was done.

It is beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice. I love the grain pattern.

MGO Board of Directors

Nice!
    So, your rifle is teak?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Nice!
    So, your rifle is teak?
    Yes, 2a1's have teak stocks.

MGO Member
    That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    Thats crazy beautiful.

Nice, I saw title and was hoping it was a 308.

I passed on a few of these about 2007 or so for about 189-225.

What are they going for now, granted yours looking a bit nicer than the $224 ones I was running into.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Nice, I saw title and was hoping it was a 308.

I passed on a few of these about 2007 or so for about 189-225.

What are they going for now, granted yours looking a bit nicer than the $224 ones I was running into.
    I paid $250 otd from the local shop. I missed an 1917 for $175 by not paying attention to what was before me.