Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

SAF Issues Travel Advisory To Gun Owners: 'Avoid California!'

SAF Issues Travel Advisory To Gun Owners: 'Avoid California!'

Market Insider
    August 7th. 2017

BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For the first time in its history, the Second Amendment Foundation today issued a "travel advisory" to firearms owners to avoid going to California, warning law-abiding armed citizens that their civil rights could be in jeopardy due to that state's restrictive gun control laws.

"The California Legislature has been out of control for years when it comes to placing restrictions on the Second Amendment rights of honest citizens," SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb observed. "Right now, I wouldn't suggest to any gun owner that they even travel through the state, much less to it as their final destination.

"Lawmakers in Sacramento," he continued, "either ignored or have forgotten that in 2010, the U.S. Supreme Court incorporated the Second Amendment to the states via the 14th Amendment in SAF's landmark case of McDonald v. City of Chicago. The Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms applies to state and local governments, but they seem rather oblivious to that fact in the halls of California's Legislature."

"If you are licensed to carry in your home state," he warned, "that license is not recognized in California. It doesn't matter how many background checks you've gone through or whether you took a gun safety course. Your license is no good in the Golden State, which suggests that your safety and the safety of your family are of no concern to state lawmakers or city administrators. You could be prosecuted for having a gun for personal protection, or you might get killed because you didn't.

"By not going to California," Gottlieb said, "the life you save may be your own."

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I moved out of Kalifornia 24 years ago -- after witnessing L.A. Riot in person -- and made a conscious decision to look for jobs anywhere but Kalifornia and New York. And I have never regretted that decision.

The sad fact is that Kalifornia, the state of hippies, flower children, live and let live, etc... where one could shoot in the desert provided that one is at least 1 mile off any highway has become the state where politician and cities find all legal burdens and threats to close shooting ranges. Kalifornia bans firearm but yet legalizes marijuana! This state actively wants its people to be pot-heads so they are easy to subjugate??? No...

Who do I blame? The people of Kalifornia: Because they either DON'T vote (e.g. my vote doesn't really matter) or they are NOT eligible to vote (e.g. no habla inglés). So Kalifornia politicians just run amok: Ban this, restrict that, hike taxes, levy ever increasing fees, while actively courting the illegals because these are potential voters.

I continue the same proposal I've made for the past 20+ years: Give Kalifornia back to Mexico so the remaining 49 states can get our fruits and vegetable at even lower price.