Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In-ear Hearing Protection (Earplugs)

I am considering an earplug-type hearing protector, such as the Surefire EP10, or the Decibullz molded earplugs. I see that their NRR ratings are as good as, or better than, my Howard Leight electronic earmuffs, plus the earplugs won't bend the frames of my eyeglasses. I am not interested in the high-end, multi-setting, bluetooth-enabled, ear-phone (for listening to music) capable earplugs.

What earplugs are you wearing on the range?

I am a Forum User
    Usually just standard plugs on a cord. I tried the Surefire ones with the little red caps you can open, and they're not very comfortable. Might give those molded ones a shot.

I am a Forum User
    Custom molded silicone rubber ear plugs that a lady down at Camp Perry's Commercial Row fitted for me. They are much more effective for me than several 29+ NRR headsets which I used previously. Headsets always seem to fit me poorly, and clash with my rifle & shotgun stocks which opens up small gaps between their flanges and my head that further reduce their effectiveness.

There has been no change in my hearing acuity since I started using molded silicone rubber ear plugs in my 30's. I was experiencing progressive hearing deterioration before that.

Had to get new plug sets fitted about every five years as my ear geometry changed, although these changes seem to have stopped after about age 50.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I am considering an earplug-type hearing protector, such as the Surefire EP10, or the Decibullz molded earplugs. I see that their NRR ratings are as good as, or better than, my Howard Leight electronic earmuffs, plus the earplugs won't bend the frames of my eyeglasses. I am not interested in the high-end, multi-setting, bluetooth-enabled, ear-phone (for listening to music) capable earplugs.

I use the EP3's, and I love them. The EP10's foam doesn't look like it would be for me.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Custom molded silicone rubber ear plugs that a lady down at Camp Perry's Commercial Row fitted for me. They are much more effective for me than several 29+ NRR headsets which I used previously. Headsets always seem to fit me poorly, and clash with my rifle & shotgun stocks which opens up small gaps between their flanges and my head that further reduce their effectiveness.

There has been no change in my hearing acuity since I started using molded silicone rubber ear plugs in my 30's. I was experiencing progressive hearing deterioration before that.

Had to get new plug sets fitted about every five years as my ear geometry changed, although these changes seem to have stopped after about age 50.
    Just picked up a pair of these myself, came highly recommended

I am a Forum User
    If you shoot a lot, or shoot rifles a lot, spend the money on silicone inserts and you'll never look back.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post

You are right, we need to use custom ear plugs according to our need. Custom molded ear plugs are best to use for hearing protection. I have found some websites they are providing best ear plugs.

I am a Forum User
    I went to Mid-Michigan ENT. They made a casting of my ear, *****ed them up the next week.
    Fantastic, don't shoot anything without them.
    Doug

I am a Forum User
    I'm using walker enhanced BT ear plugs. Acceptable for outdoor, completely unacceptable for indoor.

I am a Forum User
    I have EP3s, EP5s, and EP7s that I use for work, do not like them for shooting. I also have a set of custom molded plugs (wife has a set also) and they are my preference for all shooting other than at class type settings. I can't use muffs when shooting long gun, as like 10x25, the stock will break the seal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast