Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wear SureFire EP3s with the flange open with MSA Sordin Supreme X muffs on top while indoors. I spend 20+hrs a week on an indoor range....

I like having the flange. It allows my electronic muffs to pass the sound through the plugs a bit better while still giving me some added protection. Yes, the EP3s are some of the weaker ones db wise, but again, I use Sordins on top of them. EP3s are NOT enough on their own indoors, even with a .22lr.

I like the EP3s with the flange open when I shoot suppressed outside as well(no muffs on, just plugs). While suppressors help quiet things down, they still have some pop(especially suppressed 10.5" barrel 5.56). The impact on the steel targets usually rings my ears too. The SureFires are comfy and I can still hear quite well with them in, so they don't hinder the suppressed experience much for me.

Silicon tips are the only way to go, IMO.

Now lets talk NRR ratings....They are almost meaningless.

NRR ratings are based on an average across a broad spectrum of frequency ranges. Just because the NRR rating is high(ie. 33db) does NOT mean that you get that many decibels off at the frequencies you will be using them for. It's a veery skewed rating...

MSA Sordin muffs are only rated like 17NRR but they include a chart of what they perform at different frequencies. If you look at gun shot frequencies, the Sordins provide around 30+db of protection. That's almost double the NRR rating.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 08-31-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12