Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Should I be impressed that the US military chose the SIG P320?

(I'm aware of the dropfire controversy. I'm just choosing to leave that subject to the other thread)

I'm guessing the U.S. military can put guns through its paces in a way that no private entity can. That leads me to believe the P320 must be a hell of a gun.

I think the modular aspect of the P320 is pretty interesting. Are there any other guns on the market that are modular like that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM17_M...em_competition

From what I read, there was a final elimination round, narrowing it down from 8 guns to 3. It would be interesting to know what the other models were.

I think it's intriguing that CZ's update to the 75 was submitted, as well as a CZ75 clone by a different manufacturer. In true communist fashion, the gun's original designer didn't take out a copyright.

Has anyone here tried the Beretta APX, or the FN 509?

Last edited by Fafnire; 09-29-2017 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo

I am a Forum User
    No. The Beretta M9 is a good pistol, but there are lots of similar pistols in that class. The SIG is also a good pistol. There are still plenty of other pistols that may better fit your needs. (You are probably not concerned with how good your repair parts contract is.)

CZ is the most popular military and police manufacturer. H&K has a legendary reliability reputation. S&W has a new M&P. Walter....

Impressed? Sure that's impressive. I bought two (compact & full size) because the price was right, ergonomics are good, trigger is good. My decision was not based on a military contract.

The AR platform is great but is Colt the be all and end all? There are many manufacturers of AR platform rifles, prices, quality, reliability etc. Similarly there are dozens of striker fired pistols on the market. These contracts aren't based solely on reliability or accuracy but also on the manufacturers ability to accommodate supply and support.

The contract is irrelevant. What's relevant is what works for you.