Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Chinese Norinco Type 56 SKS

Just picked up a used factory 26 type 56 SKS. It is supposedly a Vietnam War bring back (no paperwork). No import markings. The closest I can tell it was manufactured in 1967. The stock is pretty beat up, but the bore and finish are still in good shape. For the price I had to adopt it. I love rifles with history and character.

[IMG]0819170019b by ah1f39, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]0819170019a by ah1f39, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by ah1f39; 08-19-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Good score!

I would have bought it also.

I am a Forum User
    Nice gun.
    What came to mind was if you could find more info on who brought it back and how.
    I thought by '70 it was difficult to bring guns back.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    Nice gun.
    What came to mind was if you could find more info on who brought it back and how.
    I thought by '70 it was difficult to bring guns back.

Joe
    I dated it incorrectly. It is a 1967 manufacture rifle. Who knows when it was captured. Or when/how it was brought back. Somebody has crudely carved the initials C.D. in the side of the butt stock. I wouldn't know where to begin to look for "bringback" info.

I am a Forum User
    Ok if it doesn't have an import mark on it then it means it came into the country either before 68 or a vet bringback, from what my father in law told me, before he passed is it wasn't too difficult to bring back weapons prior to 68 but after 68 it was pretty difficult, not saying it wasn't done as I know several vets who brought back weapons after 68
    I also have a 63 Chinese SKS that claims to be a vet bring back as well but same with no paperwork and no import marks, chances are good that it is, as Norinco wasn't around until 1980 and to the best of my knowledge no one else imported them prior, but I could be wrong.
    Another thing to do is take the stock off as I hear that Century has been putting them at the base of the receiver underneath the stock, if you haven't a;ready done so.