Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Double post

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmadole View Post

Conceal carry is NOT legal without a CPL in Michigan
    I can not stress that enough!!!!
    Where are people getting the idea from that concealed carry is legal, without a permit, here now?
    Just coming back from a conference in Rhode island and I heard multiple times that out of state folks think that it's now legal over here.

I run

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Schmitz87 View Post
    I can not stress that enough!!!!
    Where are people getting the idea from that concealed carry is legal, without a permit, here now?
    Just coming back from a conference in Rhode island and I heard multiple times that out of state folks think that it's now legal over here.
    People think the constitutional carry legislation is actually going to pass and be signed into law.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    People think the constitutional carry legislation is actually going to pass and be signed into law.
    I thought I was going to win the lottery too.
    Didn't happen.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    You would have to have a verifiable US address/DL or state ID from somewhere to buy a handgun and obtain a CPL.

To do what you suggest you would have to get a MI photo ID with your dad's address as your official US address, then obtain a CPL from another state that is recognized as being accepted in MI.
    Michigan recgonizes just about every states CPLS .. but how about for a MI resident??

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    You don't need to register pistols in Michigan.

Where in Europe are you?
    Is that true. I thought all needed to be registered??

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Is that true. I thought all needed to be registered??
    I'll break it down for you ...

In Michigan you need to comply with 28.422 and 28.422a

Failure to submit the completed paperwork is a $250 Civil Infraction

Compliance means filling out the paperwork and submitting it

Many people claim ... since mailing the paperwork is all that is required to comply; that registration isn't required ... only submitting the paperwork. How would they prove you didn't submit the paperwork ...

So yes, technically registration isn't mandatory only submission of the paperwork ... and failure to comply with 28.422 and 28.422a is only a civil infraction
    Also, those with out of state CPL's are exempt from the requirements

That being said "a person who obtains a pistol in violation of section 2 of Act No. 372 of the Public Acts of 1927, as amended, being section 28.422 of the Michigan Compiled Laws" is guilty of a misdeminor under 750.232a
    Last edited by Nmadole; 09-16-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Furthermore, if you have an out of state carry license and you are a MI resident, you'll need a MI CPL to legally carry concealed in MI.

MI won't recognize a non-resident license from another state, for the purpose of concealed carry, if you are a MI resident.

So, if you're a MI resident and want to concealed carry legally, you'll need a MI CPL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12