Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    That pretty much describes the S&W Performance Center revolvers. It's all cosmetics.
    I recently purchased, then sold, a Performance Center revolver. It was gorgeous.
    It shot ok, the trigger was heavy, not really smooth, and had a lot of stacking. The trigger job I did myself on my Ruger GP100 was far better than the Performance Center trigger. All in all it was a disappointment.
    But it was gorgeous.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member Forum User
    Having never owned or fired a kimber, I won't try to assume it's quality. Looks like a pretty nice 1911. One thing that is sticking out to me though, is how insanely thick that slide hardwall looks. It could just be the style\angle they used to mill\EDM the ports up front... but it looks a 1/4" thick! For me, I don't think I could use it. I tend to chamber my rounds with either full-front pulling , or mid-rear pulling. Being a 1911 I can't pull from the front, and having that optic on the rear means having to pull it directly from the end. Obviously that wouldn't be a deal-breaker if I was really into a firearm, but since its over 2,000 USD... just not for me. Nice lookin' piece though!

I am a Forum User
    For the price of four USP 45s I can get a Kimber!!!

I am a Forum User
    Not a huge Kimber guy this 1911 just seems "blingy" I have an AFI commander size 1911 with a rail and its a tackdriver. I am not comparing it to a 2500 kimber just saying would the upgrade be worth th cost?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

So....why is this $800 more than a Bruin? Because it has an RMR? or because they deleted the front sight?

MGO Member
    Hey all you 1911 guys I need some information or help. I picked up the strangest 1911 I have ever seen and no nothing about it. I have an extremely low serial number Colt 1911 Mid Range .38 wadcutter (i think) that is a national match pistol. It came from a 92 year old friend who passed away and left it to me. The 1911 is amazing and well cared for. It is in an old school briefcase with a .22LR conversion kit with it. The Slide has a front optic that looks almost homemade, it extends about 2 inches off the front of the gun? I know my friend shot in a few National Match events in the 60's and 70's and in a letter he left me with the it stated he was given the gun to shoot in 1961. I honestly want to keep the thing but I want to make sure its not a $4-5,000 pistol I did not get insured separately. Any information is appreciated. (serial number is 1XX just 3 digits and it is not much over 100) Any information is appreciated thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dino1197 View Post
    Hey all you 1911 guys I need some information or help. I picked up the strangest 1911 I have ever seen and no nothing about it. I have an extremely low serial number Colt 1911 Mid Range .38 wadcutter (i think) that is a national match pistol. It came from a 92 year old friend who passed away and left it to me. The 1911 is amazing and well cared for. It is in an old school briefcase with a .22LR conversion kit with it. The Slide has a front optic that looks almost homemade, it extends about 2 inches off the front of the gun? I know my friend shot in a few National Match events in the 60's and 70's and in a letter he left me with the it stated he was given the gun to shoot in 1961. I honestly want to keep the thing but I want to make sure its not a $4-5,000 pistol I did not get insured separately. Any information is appreciated. (serial number is 1XX just 3 digits and it is not much over 100) Any information is appreciated thanks.
    I'm of no help, but maybe you should start a new thread for this? May receive more help that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Ooooh, rough crowd.
    I like the idea of having a hunting 1911, not for that price, ill pass or wait for someone else to do it for $1300.

Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    I'm of no help, but maybe you should start a new thread for this? May receive more help that way.
    start a new threat, "insurance value on xxxxx"

it will get people in the know responding, or they will look it up etc.

In Memoriam Forum User
    I was on a Kimber buying frenzy about about 7-8 years ago. I must have bought, sold and traded about a dozen different models, sizes, variations, etc. I heard all the hate toward Kimber at the time but in my experiences it was unfounded. Everyone I had looked flawless, performed flawlessly and I never regretted any of them. Eventually I got away from .45ACP and returned to 9mm.

My only comment is that Kimber, much like SIG make way too many variations and 99% of the time it's all cosmetic and that drives their prices to exceed ridiculous! But I can't blame them. I like choice as much as the next guy and people stand in line, and pay the price but not me, not any more. I've settled down to a plain and simple work horse S&W M&P, but now they're starting to do the same thing. For some it's a tool, for others it's a work of art...I guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast