Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am a Forum User

Timing isn't right for permitless carry gun bill, says Michigan Senate leader

Timing isn't right for permitless carry gun bill, says Michigan Senate leader

By Emily lawler
    M Live
    September 4th. 2017

Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof, R-West Olive, has the permitless carry bill in his Senate Government Operations committee. (Cory Morse | MLive.com)
    LANSING, MI - A package of bills that would allow Michiganders to carry concealed weapons without a permit passed the House of Representatives in June, but Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof, R-West Olive, says the timing isn't right to run it in the Senate.

The bills House Bill 4416-4419, strike the requirement that Michiganders have a license to carry a concealed weapon. People banned from possessing firearms would be banned from carrying them as well. The bills also reduce penalties for certain infractions relating to carrying a pistol without proper identification or disclosure as well.

The main bill in the package, House Bill 4416, passed the House 59-49. From there they were referred to the Senate Government Operations committee, which Meekhof controls.

Meekhof, who often carries a concealed gun himself, said he hasn't spoken with the governor about the bills, but "I'm sensing his reluctance to do anything with firearms."

He sees the bill perhaps advancing at a later date as part of another deal.

"The timing isn't right yet, maybe is the right way to say it," Meekhof said.
    Anna Heaton, a spokeperson for Snyder, said the governor did not yet have an opinion on the bill but would review the final version if or when it reached his desk.

MCRGO money and influence at work.

Maybe the residents of Ottawa County need to call and ask him who he works for, Them or the Governor?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Maybe the residents of Ottawa County need to call and ask him who he works for, Them or the Governor?
    He does not work for the residents of Ottawa County - he works to empower himself. The reason he wins (term limited thank God) is he is good at raising money!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    He does not work for the residents of Ottawa County - he works to empower himself. The reason he wins (term limited thank God) is he is good at raising money!
    And just back in April he was in the news all over the place as wanting to "revisit/revise" term limits. He IS aware of the writing on the wall, he is not a lawyer, and has little other formal education, so he is just not qualified for many other elected positions (AG etc.)

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

The timing wasn't right to jack up our taxes and bloat the budget but he did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I sent him a message via his web site.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Banned
    Hmmm....

Sensing a told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Hmmm....

Sensing a told you so.
    Everyone deserves to be correct at least once in their lifetime.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    MCRGO money and influence at work.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast