Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

SB 0584 & 0585 of 2017 Concealed carry in restricted places by certain individuals having completed additional training class

SB 0584 of 2017
    Weapons; concealed; carrying a pistol concealed in pistol-free zones by certain individuals; allow. Amends secs. 5a, 5b, 5d & 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425a et seq.).
    Last Action: 9/20/2017 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

SB 0585 of 2017
    Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines reference; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0584'17
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 09-21-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

In the nutshell, if an individual completes an additional 8 hours of training (in addition to the current training requirements) and that class includes range time with at least 94 rounds fired…the individual can simply request to be exempted from the no concealed carry zones.

If they do so when initially applying or renewing, no additional charge. If done prior to renewal time, a $20 fee applies.

SB 0585 is just housekeeping following the above changes.
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 09-21-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Meh. If I was the Michigan House, I wouldn't move anything that has "Green" or "Meekhof" at the top of the page. These guys have done enough damage. I'm not going to pay for another class to get my CPL, again, and I'm not going to pay for more classes to remain a second class citizen in Michigan. Let's wait until we have pro gun legislators in the Senate or someone we can work with in Senate leadership. Then, we can repeal gun laws that help all of Michigan's gun owners and make civilians equal to government employees.

MGO Board of Directors

Or…legally open carry in those areas…

Same firearm, same holster, same individual…no added training required.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Let's wait until we have pro gun legislators in the Senate or someone we can work with in Senate leadership. Then, we can repeal gun laws that help all of Michigan's gun owners and make civilians equal to government employees.
    What day/date/time are you expecting h*ll to freeze over?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    What day/date/time are you expecting h*ll to freeze over?

I dont think theres any chance in the foreseeable future where our rights, as they were intended to be, are given back to us as long as the government has a stake in them. I'd love for that to happen but I dont believe we will ever be as free as we expect to be.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt take them up on this option and I think many of us would do the same. Any possibility of not having to remove my pistol because of the type of building Im walking into would be worth my 8 hours and $100 or so dollars. I've been to my kids games in some neighborhoods and schools where I would have felt a whole lot more comfortable with my gun on me than sitting in my car. Same goes for hospitals. Yes I can open carry, at some schools, but I shouldnt have to and quite frankly my oldest has asked me not to because of the flak she catches at school already for being pro 2a.

While this isnt the ideal option, it is at least a better one than we currently have.

Whatever happened to "Broad brush strokes and bold colors"?

Hooray for mediocrity!

I am a Forum User
    If this became law I would reluctantly pay the fine so I would be permitted to use a Right. But I don't think this will see the light of day, it didn't 5 years ago.

I am a Forum User
    SB 0586 of 2017
    Weapons; other; local units of government prohibited from imposing certain restrictions on firearms; expand. Amends secs. 1 & 2 of 1990 PA 319 (MCL 123.1101 & 123.1102).

This Adds SCHOOL DISTRICT, INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT,
    COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT, PUBLIC LIBRARY, LOCAL AUTHORITY CREATED to the definition of "Local unit of government".

Now think of preemption .

So if this passed and I can get Trek from MDFI to make a certificate of completion in MS Paint the Foundation Handgun class I took would already have me ready to go? Yes, ideally criminal empowerment zones would just be eliminated, but as an incremental step I think I can support this. I mean I already take three or four classes a year to stay on top of things, I might as well get a little credit for it.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast