Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I was assured on Let It Rip that this law would FORCE churches, day care centers, and bars to let people have concealed guns all over the place.
    These bills do not take away private property owner's rights. So, private property owner's can still have no firearm policies.

(9) <<EXCEPT FOR PRIVATE PROPERTY LEASED OR OCCUPIED BY A PUBLIC
    ENTITY DESCRIBED UNDER SUBSECTION (1)(A), NOTHING>> IN THIS SECTION
    PROHIBITS A PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNER

FROM PROHIBITING AN INDIVIDUAL FROM CARRYING A PISTOL, INCLUDING A

PISTOL THAT IS OPENLY DISPLAYED OR CARRIED IN VIOLATION OF

SUBSECTION (11), ON THE PREMISES OF PROPERTY DESCRIBED IN

SUBSECTION (1), AND ENFORCING THAT PROHIBITION UNDER SECTION 552 OF

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.552.
    So unless I'm missing something, I think they told you wrong about that...

Looks like we lose the option to open carry in PFZs with a "regular" CPL as well. So if you don't/can't pony up the extra time and $$$, you can't carry in a PFZ. As it is now, you can carry in most PFZs if you open carry and posses a valid CPL. This is NOT a good trade off in my personal opinion.

We would basically be trading open carry in PFZs with a CPL for a new class of CPL. This is not good.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 11-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.

I am a Forum User
    They planed it that way and if it goes threw those in the PFZ will actually be less safe without us there to help protect them and ourselfves.
    That’s not exactly a good trade off for the public’s safety.

I am a Forum User
    What we (and our Senators) are up against here, from The Detroit Free Press' resident hysteric. Note that Senator Meekhof is singled out:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/colu...hes/849168001/

Riley: Michigan Senate loses its mind, votes to allow guns in schools and churches
    Rochelle Riley, Detroit Free Press Columnist Published 6:01 p.m. ET Nov. 11, 2017

The Michigan Senate has lost its collective mind.

The 38-member body approved legislation Wednesday that would allow folks to carry concealed handguns into schools, churches, day care centers, bars and stadiums - all places that now ban them.

Rather than be deterred by recent mass shootings that have left dozens dead and hundreds injured, these senators want to take the law into their own hands - or place it in the hands of whoever happens to be there if - and when - Michigan suffers fates similar to those that occurred in Texas and Nevada.

They want to make sure people can participate in gun battles as if at the OK Corral, notwithstanding the children or parishioners that might be in the way.

But the Senate, and mostly likely the Republican-controlled House, are taking the wrong path on guns. You don't stop mass shootings by arming everybody.

Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof, R-West Olive, who was among those who introduced the senate legislation, told the Free Press that a tragic mass shooting at a Texas church might have been deterred had responsible, armed gun-owners been around.

Or, Senator, rather than 26 dead and 20 wounded, there might have been more dead and more wounded.

Bullets do not have names on them, and shoot-outs with the mentally deranged perpetrators or terrorists on one side and well-meaning citizens on the other is a reprehensible recipe for disaster.

Moreover, since the United States refuses to legislate ways to ensure that all gun-owners are actually responsible, how can this legislation define it?

All this legislation would do is increase the number of bullets flying around the heads of children, parishioners, patients and drunk bar patrons.

It shouldn't take a tragedy to see this, but seems likely with this Senate, which "is tone deaf as to what's going on in this country," Sen. David Knezak, D-Dearborn Heights, who voted against the legislation, said Friday. "Just days after a church shooting in our country, we're passing legislation to put more guns into classrooms, hospitals, churches and bars. We have it drilled into our heads that (after a tragedy), it's too soon to talk about gun safety. But the Republican Party, just days after this shooting, is trying to put more guns in places where they can harm children."

The only Republican senator to vote against the bill, Sen. Marty Knollenberg, R-Troy, said, according to news reports, that he withheld his support because the legislation would take local rule away from communities that can make their determinations about the issue. However he got there, I'm glad he did. But now we have to convince members of the Michigan House that allowing more dangerous weapons around innocent people is just wrong.

So my plea is not to them, but to their constituents. Please tell the elected official who is beholden to, should be listening to, wants a vote from you, to not do this. Tell your representatives that you do not want the state legislature to determine what is safe for your children, your fellow church members, the patients sharing a floor with your family at your local hospital.

Encourage them to read a newly released study that found that policies allowing civilians to bring guns on to college campuses are unlikely to reduce mass shootings on campus and are likely to lead to more shootings, homicides, and suicides on campus—especially among students.

That report, published in October by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and partners at Stanford University and the University of Massachusetts, found that of 111 shootings in which six or more people were killed, only 13 occurred in a gun-free zone.

Allowing more guns around kids, patients, parishioners and sports fans will invite tragedies, not end them.

Oh, there is one more place the law opens up to more gun violence. The bills would make it easier for someone with a concealed pistol license to carry a concealed weapon inside the State Capitol. Perhaps if our elected officials do not care about kids, they might care about what it would mean for themselves.

To reach your legislator in the Michigan House of Representatives, go to house.michigan.gov

Contact Rochelle Riley: rriley99@freepress.com. Follow her on Twitter @rochelleriley. Listen to her radio show 6-7 p.m. weekdays on Detroit 910AM Radio Superstation and at http://www.910amsuperstation.com/cat...rochelleriley/. Order her book "The Burden: African Americans and the Enduring Impact of Slavery" (Wayne State University Press, 201 from Wayne State University.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    These bills do not take away private property owner's rights. So, private property owner's can still have no firearm policies.

So unless I'm missing something, I think they told you wrong about that...
    Name:  7dc12e2d5d73897bedf00ee832c749c2ebb0e812989ef4896f2c54eb489b1349.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  17.7 KB
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Name:  7dc12e2d5d73897bedf00ee832c749c2ebb0e812989ef4896f2c54eb489b1349.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  17.7 KB
    I know...just wanted the world to know that's not how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    What we (and our Senators) are up against here, from The Detroit Free Press' resident hysteric. Note that Senator Meekhof is singled out:

I would not say that WE are up against them. That is unless you want this piece of crap to pass. In the current situation, just let them spout their paranoid "blood in the streets" rhetoric and get this bill killed.

Also, I am not going to, ever again, take that "we can fix it later" line. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post

Riley needs to do some research and check the facts. As anyone who has been to the 2nd amendment march is aware, you can already carry guns in the Capitol.
    Guns only have two enemies, Rust and Politicians
    Member of: MGO, NRA, SCA, PHEASANTS FOREVER
    Hunters Safety Instructor

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Also, I am not going to, ever again, take that "we can fix it later" line. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED!
    Absolutely right.

I'm getting old but I think we were promised PFZ's were a necessary concession to getting Shall Issue passed in the first place and that "they" would be able to remove them later after the furor died down.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Man View Post
    Riley needs to do some research and check the facts. As anyone who has been to the 2nd amendment march is aware, you can already carry guns in the Capitol.
    I don't see that happening
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Man View Post
    Many many at the free press know guns are legal at/in the capital but you see they let it be printed anyway.
    An outright lie given too the unknowing public advances their agenda with no consequences.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast