Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I'd rather boycott all places restricted and for the ones I cannot avoid, "render unto Caesar."

Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    So if this passed and I can get Trek from MDFI to make a certificate of completion in MS Paint the Foundation Handgun class I took would already have me ready to go? Yes, ideally criminal empowerment zones would just be eliminated, but as an incremental step I think I can support this. I mean I already take three or four classes a year to stay on top of things, I might as well get a little credit for it.
    Divided, we fall.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Divided, we fall.
    First let me say, I agree with you and want the same thing. That said, how realistic is it that we will ever get constitutional carry in this state? And if we did will it ever include exemptions from PFZ's? It doesnt seem very realistic at all to me. We shouldnt have to pay a fine and take a class to conceal carry now but the majority of us here have done just that. This is another fine and another class to be allowed to do what we already should be allowed but its no different than the one we already submit to for a CPL.

Even with our best chance in many years to get national reciprocity passed, we are still being told "its not the right time". Even when a bill for constitutional carry seems to be supported we are still being told "its not the right time". No matter what side of the aisle these guys are on, no matter who we elect into office that we think is on our side, the fact is they only care about one thing and thats collecting a paycheck.

If they want to open the door, for those of us who take the offer, to prove that a pfz zone is nothing but a pipedream of security then so be it. I will take that opportunity and use it to my benefit. We will create a new statistic that shows by allowing us in crime doesnt rise, in fact it may lower in those areas.

I am a Forum User
    Keep in mind, regardless of constitutional carry and/or having the exemption box checked on CPL's, in most cases, the CEZ's are still private property which can prohibit carry at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Even with our best chance in many years to get national reciprocity passed, we are still being told "its not the right time". Even when a bill for constitutional carry seems to be supported we are still being told "its not the right time". No matter what side of the aisle these guys are on, no matter who we elect into office that we think is on our side, the fact is they only care about one thing and thats collecting a paycheck.
    The one that is spouting that line here in Michigan is the same guy that is the Sponsor of THIS BILL!

He is also in control of whether the "Con-carry" bills here get a fair hearing. Yet, he says that this is "not the right time" and introduces this!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The one that is spouting that line here in Michigan is the same guy that is the Sponsor of THIS BILL!

He is also in control of whether the "Con-carry" bills here get a fair hearing. Yet, he says that this is "not the right time" and introduces this!
    Didn't realize that. I doubt this, like any other bill, ever sees the light of day.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User

And 584, 585 have been passed the committee with an S-1 substitute that takes as much as it gives.

They NEED to DIE!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0584 of 2017
    Weapons; concealed; carrying a pistol concealed in pistol-free zones by certain individuals; allow. Amends secs. 5a, 5b, 5d & 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425a et seq.).
    Last Action: 11/7/2017 Analysis File Added

SB 0585 of 2017
    Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines reference; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0584'17
    Last Action: 11/7/2017 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-0584-G.pdf
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I think they may try to ram this through, today. Meekhof runs the senate with an iron fist.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast