Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Yes, we have been. And I don't think it was legal either:

These bills were reported out of committee, with substitute language from the introduction, and passed the same day!

Where was the time for public input on the changed legislation?

Michigan Constitution.
    Well, the guys in charge of the Senate obviously have a flagrant disregard for the Constitution.

Maybe our pro gun Attorney General will stand up for.........aww, what am I sayin'......

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Yes, we have been. And I don't think it was legal either:

These bills were reported out of committee, with substitute language from the introduction, and passed the same day!

Where was the time for public input on the changed legislation?

Michigan Constitution.
    Senate Bill 584 was introduced and had its First Reading of Bills and referral on September 20. That was 49 days ago, far more than the constitutionally required 5 days. What the constitution prevents is introducing a bill one day, and then taking it up in committee and passing it out within 5 days of its introduction. The House, which received the bill this evening, could not then pass it tomorrow. The Constitution does not require 5 days of public input every time the bill is amended. It's very common for the House and Senate to vote on legislation the same week it is reported from committee. The S-1 substitute was made publicly available before committee yesterday and both Moms Demand Action and Michigan Open Carry testified against the changes in committee yesterday.
    Last edited by bradymsu; 11-08-2017 at 08:45 PM.

This bill as passed needs to die! More is lost than gained!

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    The training is more about filling the coffers of the NRA and MCRGO than anything else.
    Oh yes, I attended the hearing on this bill and MCRGO was all for it and testified about their training being in place and ready for rollout.

Am I reading it correctly that 584 would also add any public airport property to the list of no carry zones? So if picking someone up at DTW, you couldn't carry in to the baggage claim and help them with their luggage unless you had the exemption? That's garbage.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    Am I reading it correctly that 584 would also add any public airport property to the list of no carry zones? So if picking someone up at DTW, you couldn't carry in to the baggage claim and help them with their luggage unless you had the exemption? That's garbage.
    If that's true (I didn't read the whole thing and didn't see the airport authority), then the parking garage, or even pulling up to pick someone up, would then also put you in hot water. This is a horrible bill.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bradymsu View Post
    The S-1 substitute was made publicly available before committee yesterday
    Unless you consider dropping a stack of copies of this nearly 40 page bill on a table 10 minutes before the hearing making something "publicly available", then that is a complete lie.

(Added) Oh, and let's not forget that the S-1 sub was adopted without any public input or pubic notice what-so-ever.

MGO Member Forum User
    Well, "throwing open carry under the bus" didn't just throw open carry under the bus. It screwed every single non-resident. The bill as introduced didn't allow a way for them to carry concealed in 425o zones, but at least they could still open carry. The S-1 sub "fixed" that little problem. Organizations that still support this bill after that sub should feel bad.

It's nice to see the "Legislator of the year" push an anti gun agenda as he runs off half cocked writing garbage bills.

Quote Originally Posted by G36 Shooter View Post
    Oh yes, I attended the hearing on this bill and MCRGO was all for it and testified about their training being in place and ready for rollout.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast