Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jgillmanjr View Post
    Well, "throwing open carry under the bus" didn't just throw open carry under the bus. It screwed every single non-resident. The bill as introduced didn't allow a way for them to carry concealed in 425o zones, but at least they could still open carry. The S-1 sub "fixed" that little problem. Organizations that still support this bill after that sub should feel bad.
    I anticipate that MCRGO & NRA will support MOC's amendments to the bill in the House. We would prefer to see concealed/open carry parity. Our idea of a perfect bill would be no mandatory training and a complete elimination of MCL 28.425o. The general exemption concept in the bill, while far from perfect, is a step in the right direction. Always an optimist, I never feel bad about legislation while there is an opportunity to improve it. We all understand that this legislation, like permitless carry, is an imperfect and uphill battle, yet we press on and move the ball forward as we did with our first down today. God bless you all for your continued work on this and for taking on the illogical opposition coming from the gun grabbers like MDA and Bloomberg's Everytown.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bradymsu View Post
    I anticipate that MCRGO & NRA will support MOC's amendments to the bill in the House. We would prefer to see concealed/open carry parity. Our idea of a perfect bill would be no mandatory training and a complete elimination of MCL 28.425o. The general exemption concept in the bill, while far from perfect, is a step in the right direction. Always an optimist, I never feel bad about legislation while there is an opportunity to improve it. We all understand that this legislation, like permitless carry, is an imperfect and uphill battle, yet we press on and move the ball forward as we did with our first down today. God bless you all for your continued work on this and for taking on the illogical opposition coming from the gun grabbers like MDA and Bloomberg's Everytown.
    Men are men, vows are words, and words are wind.

MOC did not throw concealed carry under the bus in committee. I can't say the same for MCRGO and open carry. You always say MCRGO would like parity, but yet at every turn, you choose something else.

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    If that's true (I didn't read the whole thing and didn't see the airport authority), then the parking garage, or even pulling up to pick someone up, would then also put you in hot water. This is a horrible bill.
    Well if that's true, wouldn't it also render it nearly impossible - or at least very difficult - for a resident of another state, or anyone who didn't have the exemption, to fly in or out of Michigan with a checked pistol in their baggage?

Edit: Because there's technically no transportation exception for carrying a cased pistol on foot, right?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    Well if that's true, wouldn't it also render it nearly impossible - or at least very difficult - for a resident of another state, or anyone who didn't have the exemption, to fly in or out of Michigan with a checked pistol in their baggage?

Edit: Because there's technically no transportation exception for carrying a cased pistol on foot, right?
    Correct. It is astonishing to think "pro-gun" groups support this.

Why can't the Senators come up with a gun bill that does no harm? They just can't seem to stop trying to find ways to bloat the power of the state government at the expense of gun owners. They could spend a little more time cleaning up their past messes before making new ones, too.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Why can't the Senators come up with a gun bill that does no harm? They just can't seem to stop trying to find ways to bloat the power of the state government at the expense of gun owners. They could spend a little more time cleaning up their past messes before making new ones, too.
    $$$$$$$
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Because the groups that have training industrial complexes like to mandate... more training!

I am a Forum User
    The legislative process is very messy and our enemies go to great lengths to take advantage of it. Opening up the past would bring the entire process to a halt. Yesterday's Senate Journal illustrates the efforts of the Democrats (yes, the Democrats) to foul up what should have been a simple matter:

http://legislature.mi.gov/(S(mswiux0...-11-08-093.pdf

This records only their efforts on the Senate floor. Their abuse of committee process is far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    The legislative process is very messy and our enemies go to great lengths to take advantage of it. Opening up the past would bring the entire process to a halt. Yesterday's Senate Journal illustrates the efforts of the Democrats (yes, the Democrats) to foul up what should have been a simple matter:

This records only their efforts on the Senate floor. Their abuse of committee process is far worse.
    Interesting.

I see nine attempts by the antis to amend these bills for their constituents.

I see zero attempts by the pros to amend these bills for their constituents.

I have to admire the dems for their loyalty to their base. They are promoting the planks of their party and sticking to their principles. I don't agree with them but, I do admire their tenacity.

We could use a little more of that in the MiGOP.

"Senator Meekhof’s statement is as follows:

Currently in Michigan, CPL holders can open-carry a gun into a weapon-free zone—currently. This legislation would
    eliminate the open-carry option and permit concealed-carry by individuals who have a license that includes additional
    training requirements. This reform closes the current open-carry provision to ensure that learning environments are secure
    and the school day is not interrupted by the sight of a firearm. This legislation upholds the rights of private property
    owners and allows a university or college with autonomous authority to enact and enforce an ordinance regulating the
    possession, carrying, use, or transportation of a firearm.
    As you know, these bills before us today address an issue that has been discussed and voted on in this Senate body
    before. As I stated in committee, over the past several weeks our nation has experienced tragedies involving gun violence.
    In the wake of such events, there are those who believe any discussion of gun legislation is insensitive, but I believe this
    is a discussion and a policy that’s time has come.
    Since 1950, 98 percent of mass shootings have occurred in gun-free zones. I believe the recent events highlight the need
    for us to consider how we deter those who look for targets and intending to do them harm. Citizens have the right to be safe
    and secure and to defend themselves and their loved ones. Responsible, well-trained—and I will say, the highest-trained—
    licensed gun owners may very well be the deterrent to those individuals who seek out gun-free zones as opportunities to
    commit heinous acts.
    I understand there are very passionate viewpoints on both sides of this issue and I respect those different opinions. I truly
    believe that law-abiding, licensed citizens should be able to exercise their right and responsibility and that we need more
    measures to help deter individuals contemplating horrible acts of violence.
    I urge the members of this body to support this bill.

And THIS is all we get for the pro gun side.
    Last edited by luckless; 11-09-2017 at 07:50 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post

Ok. What a mess. And wow! So can someone with more brains than I tell me what this means? In something approaching English? At a Fourth Grade Level?

And how did they spin this as "Guns in Preschools?" What a crock of emotional ploy fecal material.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast