Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Interesting.

I see nine attempts by the antis to amend these bills for their constituents.

I see zero attempts by the pros to amend these bills for their constituents.

I have to admire the dems for their loyalty to their base. They are promoting the planks of their party and sticking to their principles. I don't agree with them but, I do admire their tenacity.

We could use a little more of that in the MiGOP.
    The Democrats were just flinging poo at the wall yesterday, to see what would stick. Meekhof was carefully managing his majority so as not to lose votes. At the Federal level, Senate leadership has been described as "herding cats". The egos of Michigan Senators are no less colossal. Changes to the predetermined game plan can produce very unintended consequences.

Note that the Senate Democrats utterly failed yesterday, while the Dark Prince got exactly what he wanted out of the process. Squeaky wheels often do not get greased.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0584 of 2017
    Weapons; concealed; carrying a pistol concealed in pistol-free zones by certain individuals; allow. Amends secs. 5a, 5b, 5d & 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425a et seq.).
    Last Action: 11/8/2017 Analysis File Added

SB 0585 of 2017
    Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines reference; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0584'17
    Last Action: 11/8/2017 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-0584-F.pdf
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    The Democrats were just flinging poo at the wall yesterday, to see what would stick. Meekhof was carefully managing his majority so as not to lose votes. At the Federal level, Senate leadership has been described as "herding cats". The egos of Michigan Senators are no less colossal. Changes to the predetermined game plan can produce very unintended consequences.

Note that the Senate Democrats utterly failed yesterday, while the Dark Prince got exactly what he wanted out of the process. Squeaky wheels often do not get greased.
    Yep, he got something passed. It wasn't progun and it was really bad legislation but, he got it passed.

The rest of us just pay the price.

It makes no sense for Charlie Brown to keep asking Lucy to hold the ball for him. Charlie Brown has lost, every time. The next time Charlie runs for the ball, he should just kick Lucy, instead of the ball.

MGO Member Forum User

The great thing were their amendments they were bitching about getting shot down that already exist in law.

"Senator Meekhof’s statement is as follows:

Currently in Michigan, CPL holders can open-carry a gun into a weapon-free zone—currently. This legislation would
    eliminate the open-carry option and permit concealed-carry by individuals who have a license that includes additional
    training requirements. This reform closes the current open-carry provision to ensure that learning environments are secure
    and the school day is not interrupted by the sight of a firearm. This legislation upholds the rights of private property
    owners and allows a university or college with autonomous authority to enact and enforce an ordinance regulating the
    possession, carrying, use, or transportation of a firearm.
    As you know, these bills before us today address an issue that has been discussed and voted on in this Senate body
    before. As I stated in committee, over the past several weeks our nation has experienced tragedies involving gun violence.
    In the wake of such events, there are those who believe any discussion of gun legislation is insensitive, but I believe this
    is a discussion and a policy that’s time has come.
    Since 1950, 98 percent of mass shootings have occurred in gun-free zones. I believe the recent events highlight the need
    for us to consider how we deter those who look for targets and intending to do them harm. Citizens have the right to be safe
    and secure and to defend themselves and their loved ones. Responsible, well-trained—and I will say, the highest-trained—
    licensed gun owners may very well be the deterrent to those individuals who seek out gun-free zones as opportunities to
    commit heinous acts.
    I understand there are very passionate viewpoints on both sides of this issue and I respect those different opinions. I truly
    believe that law-abiding, licensed citizens should be able to exercise their right and responsibility and that we need more
    measures to help deter individuals contemplating horrible acts of violence.
    I urge the members of this body to support this bill.
    And zero mention of adding airports to the active shooter empowerment zones.

I am a Forum User
    Yep, he got something passed. It wasn't progun and it was really bad legislation but, he got it passed.

The rest of us just pay the price.

It makes no sense for Charlie Brown to keep asking Lucy to hold the ball for him. Charlie Brown has lost, every time. The next time Charlie runs for the ball, he should just kick Lucy, instead of the ball.
    In a totalitarian state, you can achieve a clean sweep. The problem is that you are never certain when you will become the sweepee. And that day always comes when there are no checks and balances.

In a Republic, clean sweeps are vanishingly rare. No one gets totally crushed, no one ever gets a total victory. Otherwise, Republics would host civil wars every five years or so. Progress is made in a series of frustratingly small steps.

A competent legislative leader - and the Dark Prince is very competent - does not speak for himself when he issues a statement. Rather, his statements reflect a consensus of the opinions of those whom he leads.

You are seeing what can be extracted from the current Republican Senators, nothing more and nothing less.

In a totalitarian state, you can achieve a clean sweep. The problem is that you are never certain when you will become the sweepee. And that day always comes when there are no checks and balances.

In a Republic, clean sweeps are vanishingly rare. No one gets totally crushed, no one ever gets a total victory. Otherwise, Republics would host civil wars every five years or so. Progress is made in a series of frustratingly small steps.

A competent legislative leader - and the Dark Prince is very competent - does not speak for himself when he issues a statement. Rather, his statements reflect a consensus of the opinions of those whom he leads.

You are seeing what can be extracted from the current Republican Senators, nothing more and nothing less.
    I'm not going to thank them for making matters worse. If they can't pass a positive gun bill, then they shouldn't bother bringing it up. The last harmless bill they got signed by Governor Hurdle was the redefinition of brandishing. (early 2015)

If they aren't part of the solution, they are part of the problem.

Why can't the Senators come up with a gun bill that does no harm? They just can't seem to stop trying to find ways to bloat the power of the state government at the expense of gun owners. They could spend a little more time cleaning up their past messes before making new ones, too.
    Meehkof is anti-gun period !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Michigan Gun Owners Member
    Michigan Open Carry Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer

You're right Dave,.....you get what you vote for.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Squeaky wheels often do not get greased.
    Don't confuse squeaking with sniveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    And zero mention of adding airports to the active shooter empowerment zones.
    Aren't airports Federal domain?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast