Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Exclamation Cautionary Tale: Kids Get Locked Inside Empty Gun Safe

Curious, playful children become great adults. But they have to reach adulthood:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/maco...mselves-inside

Gun safe rescue: 3 metro Detroit kids accidentally lock themselves inside
    WXYZ TV Staff - 9:30 PM, Sep 25, 2017

STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. (WXYZ) - It was a close call for three young children, after they got locked in a gun safe and were rescued with only minutes to spare.

Sterling Heights firefighters arrived on the scene in minutes, and when they found out what they were up against, they knew there was no time to waste.

"This is the first time we've heard of something like this," said Battalion Chief Edwin Miller.

It's not every day that Sterling Heights firefighters get this kind of call.

"It sounds like it was a group of kids having fun and one got the other ones to go into it and the one outside shut it and locked it," said Miller.

Three young children accidentally trapped themselves in a gun safe.

"The owner of it had all the paperwork within the safe itself," said Miller.

With temperatures starting to soar inside the safe, firefighters had to act fast.

"The father was able to open an access panel behind the safe to allow are crews into it," said Miller.

New state-of-the-art equipment helped get those kids out safely.

"They used the hydraulic spreader to start gaining access to the lock bolts," said Miller......

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Curious, playful children become great adults. But they have to reach adulthood:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/maco...mselves-inside

This is why unused refrigerators should have the handles removed.

MGO Member
    Outlaw guns safes as they aren't safe.

I thought the door had to be removed from old fridges.

New ones don't lock now.

You would have thought the owner would have the combo, maybe he was busy supervising the children.
    No that wasn't it.

I am a Forum User
    Agreed. Only thing I can think of is that it was brand new, which is why the paperwork was still inside the thing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    This is why unused refrigerators should have the handles doors removed.
    FIFY

I am a Forum User
    Years ago a kid came up missing in a Sams club or Costco store. Someone remembered seeing the kid near an open gun safe that was on display. Sure enough the kid had locked himself inside. Police brought in a locksmith to get him out. Scary stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Wow, I am expecting my first kid in December and was thinking of upgraded my safe... wasn't expecting to find this!