Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Slide Fire Bump Stock

I shot a few magazines with this stock mounted on an AR a few months back. A buddy picked one up, and in his all familiar "hold my beer, watch this!" voice, busted it out to show off. A few of burned through some magazines with it.

In the end, our opinions ranged ranged from "eh, whatever" to "that was ****g stupid, I just wasted $50 worth of ammo on that douch*** contraption."

In a nutshell, it wasn't especially enjoyable to shoot, nor was it manageable enough to provide respectable accuracy. If your goal is to indiscriminately hit the broadside of a barn (or a few hundred square yard area at 1500 +/- yards), you might find benefit with this POS.

…. if we can sacrifice the bump stock to the anti-gun naysayers while saving some hope that suppressors and other tax stamped firearms will become more tangible to law abiding citizens, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSHOT View Post
    I shot a few magazines with this stock mounted on an AR a few months back. A buddy picked one up, and in his all familiar "hold my beer, watch this!" voice, busted it out to show off. A few of burned through some magazines with it.

In the end, our opinions ranged ranged from "eh, whatever" to "that was ****g stupid, I just wasted $50 worth of ammo on that douch*** contraption."

In a nutshell, it wasn't especially enjoyable to shoot, nor was it manageable enough to provide respectable accuracy. If your goal is to indiscriminately hit the broadside of a barn (or a few hundred square yard area at 1500 +/- yards), you might find benefit with this POS.

…. if we can sacrifice the bump stock to the anti-gun naysayers while saving some hope that suppressors and other tax stamped firearms will become more tangible to law abiding citizens, go for it.
    That was pretty much the same impression I had. Tried it and it just made very little sense to me. 5 or 6 30rd mags was enough to satisfy my curiosity....

MGO Member
    It looks like bump stocks are on their way out, but I guarantee that will not slow down anti-gunners one bit.

I never had an interest in the bump stock and thought they were a good way to waste perfectly good ammo. I believe they will be made illegal. Will it bother me in a practical sense? No. What will bother me is opening up the 2nd amendment to even MORE infringement.

It's hard to defend the bump stock in a country that makes full-auto firearms basically illegal for civilian sale. They basically do the same thing, while greatly reducing the accuracy potential of a firearm. Except for a zombie horde attack, I see zero use for a bump stock on a defensive weapon. I am NOT for banning them. But, I sure wish that nut job in Vegas wouldn't have had them.

I went through one mag on a rifle a friend has. That was enough. I didn't want to waste any more ammo with the POS. I won't be upset if they never make or sell another one of them. But I do worry about the slippery slope. I'm pretty sure we're going to find out what kind of slope it is very soon.

I did get to shoot MG's in the Army several times, and it's a hell of a lot of fun. When you're not paying for the ammo.

Dice

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSHOT View Post

This is precisely the sentiment that leads to loss of gun rights. Please do not get your leg caught in the liberal snare.

First we give up bump stocks....then binary triggers.....then coffin mags....then any mag over 30 rounds......then the shoulder thing that goes up..........

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    This is precisely the sentiment that leads to loss of gun rights. Please do not get your leg caught in the liberal snare.
    Negative. I feel that your mindset is part of the problem, shared by both liberal and conservative camps. But that is another argument all together.

I'm more interested in seeing the lax stamp lifted on suppressors, and maybe even SBRs one day (or scrap tax all together). There is a practical argument for doing so. I don't see a constructive and practical argument for keeping bump stocks (most sportsmen would agree). I think that this is a solid opportunity to both sides of the fence come to a common RATIONAL dialogue conclusion and action, that is a step froward.

I see no value to the bump stop as others have said. The anti gun crowd will never be satisfied as long as a firearm exists.
    What is annoying is how quickly the NRA appears to have rolled over, what happened to fighting for the 2nd amendment?
    I will not cancel my membership but a letter is in order.
    I may go on a rant about our prez next. I want to see what he is going to say.

I am a Forum User
    Agree with Headshot. The slippery slope has been the NRA's argument all along. But isn't it interesting that the NRA comes out right away about a review of the bumpstock? I think the minds behind the NRA are finally thinking clearly. So the libs are outraged over the Vegas shooting although we all know they wait for these to open the gun control debate again. They have to go by their play book. With the Republicans owning the House, Senate and White House there is no way anything meaningful will get passed. The Dems know this but just want to make noise as usual to stay relevant. Trump has bigger things on his agenda like tax reform and his wall. I think there is logic and maybe some tactical brilliance in giving them the bump stock as a bone. All gun owners agree the bump stock is a novelty item and no one will shed a tear at its demise. There has to be a red line in the sand which can't be crossed and magazine capacity and semi-autos are clearly on our side of the line. But bump stocks? Who the &*%$ cares about the bump stock. So if we give them the bump stock it shows Republican's and the NRA are not the crazy nuts the Dems make us out to be and are reasonable. It could really work in our favor.

Follow up to Norton's post

Your not seeing the forest through the trees dude. Trump is by far the most intelligent president we have ever had sit in that office. He also does not care a damn about criticism, money donors or special interest. He has carried a pistol for years. EVERYTHING Trump does is calculated and planned and don't think for a second he does not know exactly the reaction he is going to get. Most of his tweets are to drive libs nuts and it works. He is a master negotiator and knows bump stocks are worthless and nobody in the real gun culture cares about them. He is using the bump stock as a negotiating tool to shut the libs up by giving them a worthless "win". Of course they will never stop their quest to destroy the 2nd amendment but we all know that will never happen. The best chance they ever had to do anything significant was after Sandy Hook when they owned all three tiers of power. What happened? Nothing but made a bunch of money for the firearm industry. The Democratic Party knows they will lose elections over the 2nd Amendment because only their fringe left are the true gun haters. They talk big for their base but when push comes to shove, like after Sandy Hook, they buckled. So don't get your panties in a wad over this. Its all part of the game.
    Last edited by Danco411; 10-06-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast