Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    This is precisely the sentiment that leads to loss of gun rights. Please do not get your leg caught in the liberal snare.
    Exactly, once they open Pandora's Box and add more regulations, they'll just keep on going. Like "what if" he only ha 10 round magazines an not 'high capacity' ones?", that would have slowed him down a lot. So they'll start lumping these things together.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSHOT View Post
    Negative. I feel that your mindset is part of the problem, shared by both liberal and conservative camps. But that is another argument all together.

I'm more interested in seeing the lax stamp lifted on suppressors, and maybe even SBRs one day (or scrap tax all together). There is a practical argument for doing so. I don't see a constructive and practical argument for keeping bump stocks (most sportsmen would agree). I think that this is a solid opportunity to both sides of the fence come to a common RATIONAL dialogue conclusion and action, that is a step froward.
    Unfortunately, you're going to give that up, hoping, they will be reasonable and agree to easing restrictions on those items. Not going to happen though, and one more item down. Your thinking is also part of the problem, because they aren't really interested in compromise. Look at Cali to see their goals, if it's reasonable to give this up or limit this, why wouldn't be reasonable to ask you to give this up or agree to more limits on them. Were you a Bernie supporter? Did you also think they would play fair and let the best candidate win?
    Last edited by hendo; 10-07-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    Make em NFA items and let those who have them register them. If you want one that bad go for it. But keep one thing in mind. two 1/2" - 4" rubber bands do the same thing!

If we outlaw bump sticks, will we also outlaw rapid fire?

Bump fire is semi automatic fire by definition.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    This is enough for me to say , don't give an inch.

https://youtu.be/3y-FFKntFc0

I am a Forum User
    Slidefire can be relatively accurate with proper technique ... All 30 Rounds within an area the size of a Torso at 25 yards (that is me shooting)

Excuse my big mouth cousin filming ... Target is shown at the end ...

Regulating an item that helps you achieve a certain rate of semi automatic fire will lead to a ban on feather triggers and eventually all semi-automatic. This is so much bigger than Bump Stocks ... mark my word if we allow bump stocks to disappear it is only a matter of time until anything capable of "rapids fire" is gone

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmadole View Post
    Slidefire can be relatively accurate with proper technique ... All 30 Rounds within an area the size of a Torso at 25 yards (that is me shooting)

Excuse my big mouth cousin filming ... Target is shown at the end ...

Regulating an item that helps you achieve a certain rate of semi automatic fire will lead to a ban on feather triggers and eventually all semi-automatic. This is so much bigger than Bump Stocks ... mark my word if we allow bump stocks to disappear it is only a matter of time until anything capable of "rapids fire" is gone

Then they will want to redefine what rapid fire is to include anything that has a magazine whether is be detachable or not. There goes a vast majority of bolt action rifles.

The end game for the Lefty liberals is totally disarming the population.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Is that just a regular A2 on the muzzle?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Is that just a regular A2 on the muzzle?
    I'm pretty sure it isn't a Muzzle Break ... just a three prong flash hider ... give me a second and I'll confirm

Why?

EDIT: It is a 4 prong Vortex Flash Hider ... pretty much no help in regards to recoil management

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nmadole; 10-08-2017 at 10:36 AM.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Why?
    EDIT: It is a 4 prong Vortex Flash Hider ... pretty much no help in regards to recoil management
    Because I've read plenty of articles about people reviewing different compensators and how flash hiders make your muzzle jump all over and you need a special and expensive device to keep the climb under control even in slightly rapid firing on a regular rifle. and yet there you are firing at ~700ish rounds per minute and keeping it on target, and not even using a chris costa super super aggressive thumb-over-bore grip.
    So just being curious, really. a lot of operators out there would say what you just did is impossible
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast