Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ammo storage

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRiley View Post
    You could always use a food vacuum sealer.
    I’ve heard of people doing this with mixed results, that said I’ve also heard various cautions about vacuum sealing. I tried it once back in the days when my meager stash was all I was getting due to income limitations, so I decided to try it because I noticed some tarnishing on my older stuff so I vacuum sealed and marked one bag and from an identical batch purchesed at same time purposefully did not seal to watch the difference in how they aged. The sealed with a Desicant is still appearing to be pristine, while the unsealed package was fired to prevent it from aging too much to be unusable. Partially stopped vacuum packing due to reported risk, and partially because someone in my household broke the vacuum...

Now I store everything in a series of stackable “ammo crates” (that MTN? Makes) with desicant and so far they have held up pretty good for me to include travel.

I always hated how metal cans couldn’t be stacked when I was in military, always end up with leaning towers of heavy boxes teetering on the handles of boxes below and becoming leaning jenga towers.

I have multiple ammo cans for different things. Mostly 50 cal, some 30 cal, some other really tall ones forget what they were for originally I fill em with magazines just to organize them.

My usual method is a reusuable desicant you can put in the toaster and cook off moisture and a zerust capsule or tab what ever they are called. https://www.amazon.com/Zerust-VC2-2-.../dp/B003T1H7IA

been wanting to try this https://www.amazon.com/BluGuard-Anti.../dp/B00BOS8XYM

I am a Forum User
    Do you guys leave the rounds in the boxes they came in or dump them in the cans?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Some in boxes, some loose in the can

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterspirit View Post
    Some in boxes, some loose in the can
    I just moved all my ammo into containers with a rubber seal and put it in the closet, came out of my safe. But I'm already running out of room

Banned
    I have 1000 9mm in boxes in a 50 cal can

I am a Forum User
    I have 1000 9mm in boxes in a 50 cal can
    I need a 50 cal can, where can you get those?

Banned

I am a Forum User
    Ok I'll keep an eye out

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast