Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ammo storage

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    why would vacuum sealing ammo be bad for the ammo?
    One possible problem is the pressure differential popping the bullet loose with atmospheric pressure inside and a vacuum outside. (low)
    There might be additional issues that don't directly affect or be "bad for the ammo", yet cause issues in storing. The previous report was "mixed results", not that everyone had problems.

I would view it as an unneeded expense where a sealed can and a little desiccant would serve as well, and is reusable.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I like using 50 cal GI ammo cans. Leave the rounds in the original boxes with desiccant packs.

Made this shelving unit out of 3/4" MDF. Very strong & sturdy. This setup is in an upstairs closet. Pretty much a controlled environment. I use masking tape to identify the different contents. There's a dry erase board on the door that has a running total of all of the ammo.

Not savvy enough to figure out why the pics are turned sideways. Not like that on my PC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 01-15-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    very nice DD

MGO Member
    I have mine in ammo boxes inside a tool gang box.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am a Forum User
    Last edited by SlayerXJ; 09-06-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345