Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Pistol purchase permit fudge up

So I recently purchased a pistol from someone privately and the deal went smooth. He signed permit and I handed him cash. However when I got home I noticed on the msp copy his signature was torn off ( thr perforations weren't placed right.) Anyway, I have my copy with his signature and he has his. How would I go about fixing this. I am kind of freaking out because this is my first pistol that I bought, and I really don't know what to do. The seller said to call my sheriff and explain the situation. Also the seller is down in my county this week so it would be easy to fix if they allow it.

Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: so I called my sheriff's office and they said to get the seller to sign in a blank space on the msp copy.
    Last edited by Nickm19; 10-16-2017 at 07:59 PM.

There have been other instances where the MSP copy was lost. The directions were to photocopy one of the others and turn it in.

If I were you, I would photocopy one of the others and attach it to the MSP copy that you do have. Add a note that the MSP's forms suck, and turn it in. I don't believe that the law requires "originals" for everything.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    There have been other instances where the MSP copy was lost. The directions were to photocopy one of the others and turn it in.

If I were you, I would photocopy one of the others and attach it to the MSP copy that you do have. Add a note that the MSP's forms suck, and turn it in. I don't believe that the law requires "originals" for everything.
    I'll call and see if they will let me do that. Thank you very much and I'll be sure to let them know there forms are messed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk