Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Anyone Use a SentrySafe SFW123DSB for Handguns?

I've read reviews about the SentrySafe SFW123DSB, and most have said this is a good value (and I am not going to argue there are other, perhaps better - and more expensive - safes out there). I have one on order, primarily for documents.

Do any of you have experience storing your handguns with this model? The company says not for use with handguns, but many gun-related sites have positive reviews concerning the storage of handguns. I understand there may be an issue with high humidity inside the safe, so I am guessing I should be using a desiccant, correct?

Thanks.

Should always use a dry rod and/or desiccant in a safe.

You could just hang a light bulb up in there too. You want the safe to be a couple degrees warmer than outside so condensation doesn't occur. How you decide to add that heat is up to you....many ways to skin this cat. Light bulbs or safe "dehumidifiers" are the common way.

Couple rechargeable desiccant packs couldn't hurt either.

Good advice, thanks! I just saw something about rechargeable desiccant packs; I'll look into them more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Good advice, thanks! I just saw something about rechargeable desiccant packs; I'll look into them more closely.
    A digital hygrometer/thermometer with your high/low/current is a good idea as well. They're usually under $30. I tend to reset the high/low memory when I go in the safe. I have one in the safe and few scattered throughout the house.

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Great Investment

I have been using this gun safe for last seven months. Excellent build quality & easy accessible. This safe is exactly what I need to store my valuables. And I am very much satisfied with this safe.

So I think you can go for the SentrySafe SFW123DSB.