Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C & R license

Do you still have to register a c&r pistol with MSP? If so, as I don't have a CPL do I need a purchase permit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Interesting that you ask. I did a lot of research on this a few months ago. What it boils down to is no, you don’t need a permit to purchase or to register. I believe that I checked the state law and it did not indicate this was required. I believe the process is the same as for any FFL. An 01FFL just has to log the item in to their bound book and maintain “ownership” until such time as the sell it. Of course, there are other processes that come into play if, for example, the item is stolen or comes up missing. At the time I did my research, I was also a little concerned since I have acquired a number of C&R pistols in the last year.
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

MGO Board of Directors

Do you have to do anything with your personal firearms (as far as documentation) if you get the C&R?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Last edited by Flash-hider; 12-27-2017 at 01:44 PM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Do you have to do anything with your personal firearms (as far as documentation) if you get the C&R?
    I was told ( on the internet, so take it for what it's worth) that if you are going to sell a personal C & R item, you should log it into your book first and then log it out for the sale.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    If you have purchased a C&R qualifying firearm with your valid C&R License, that fire is logged in your bound book.
    Last edited by Flash-hider; 12-27-2017 at 01:46 PM.

See my post on 11/1, above
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by qz2026 View Post
    See my post on 11/1, above
    I read it 4 times. Still don't see the answer to my question. What am I missing?

If I have C&R items, and get a C&R license, do I have to document my personal firearms?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    I read it 4 times. Still don't see the answer to my question. What am I missing?

If I have C&R items, and get a C&R license, do I have to document my personal firearms?
    Disclaimer- I've never had an FFL of any kind, and haven't done extensive research into it.

That said, I've NEVER heard of ANY requirements that would see you mixing privately owned, pre license firearms into your FFL bound book. As a matter of fact, it would seem to be counter to the intent of the bound book, since they were never in anyway associated with the license in question... and that is the entire purpose of the bound book; to log and track all firearms which are associated with the FFL.

You don’t have to log in your current C&R’s but I believe if you sell one of your current c&r’s that you owned previously you must log it. You could always play it safe and log your items in as previously acquired... Why don’t you just go to the atf website and read it for yourself??? I would not take anyone’s “word” when it could be your butt on the line.. especially when there is a detailed guideline on their webpage.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast