Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Airgun Sale Restriction Question?

Hi there i am new to the site. I am an antiques and collectibles dealer that sells most of my stuff on eBay. I recently bought a Daisy Red Ryder collection that included a few air rifle BB guns. I wanted to list them on eBay but eBay has some restrictions about who can sell air rifles on the site. They do not list the any specific laws on eBay but they state that you have to make sure you're able to legally sell and ship the the air rifles in accordance with your local and state laws and regulations. I know that it's legal for me to sell rifles and shotguns within the state without permits to buy but if I ever had to ship a rifle or shotgun it would have to be through a federal firearms dealer. I think I can ship a black powder rifle on my own. I really have no idea what the rules are regarding air rifles and BB guns are though.

Does anyone know if there are any laws or statutes in place in Oakland County or the State on Michigan that would restrict my ability to sell and ship an air rifle BB gun on eBay? I've been googling it for the last hour and really can't find any definitive answers.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Matthew

Local laws apply, maybe state, city, village or township.
    In Michigan it's 18 years old to purchase then place of residence determines legal use.
    This is my understanding but I haven't sold in any in a few years.

Matthew;

"pneumatic" is the term that they use now. Pellet, BB, and paint ball are all treated the same, except for hunting laws.

Michigan has removed them from the classification (fairly recently) of "firearm". So, now, the only laws on the books are about their use, not so much about sale etc. We can "mail order" them from anywhere and it doesn't violate MCL any more. But, not all retailers have caught up with the changes.

The locals are preempted on them, the same as firearms, except that they can't prohibit their use if the projectile is contained to within the bounds of a persons' property.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.