Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've got a variety of Spanish 7mm rifles from the 1893 battle rifle, an 1895 Carbine and various 1916's. All eat PPU, surplus and my middle of the road hand loads with no issues. I've never had a desire to shoot any other commercial ammo out of them.

I do have a couple of Mausers, one a 1916 Civil Guardia and and Chilean 1912/61 that are chambered in 7.62. I haven't shot them yet but they have arsenal matching bolts and have passed headspace. For sure I will only use NATO spec cases and will probably load down my hand loads for these rifles but, I suspect, they would shoot the Lake City 7.62 NATO without any issues other than a sore shoulder.
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

I scanned the posts, I did not see anyone mention white labratories was contracted by the important company when they imported these way back when, at least 10-15 years ago, to proof the barrels for their failure pressure. Look it up, they passed way above factory off the shelf and military 308/7.62x51.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by qz2026 View Post
    I've got a variety of Spanish 7mm rifles from the 1893 battle rifle, an 1895 Carbine and various 1916's. All eat PPU, surplus and my middle of the road hand loads with no issues. I've never had a desire to shoot any other commercial ammo out of them.

I do have a couple of Mausers, one a 1916 Civil Guardia and and Chilean 1912/61 that are chambered in 7.62. I haven't shot them yet but they have arsenal matching bolts and have passed headspace. For sure I will only use NATO spec cases and will probably load down my hand loads for these rifles but, I suspect, they would shoot the Lake City 7.62 NATO without any issues other than a sore shoulder.
    I would be interested to see pictures of your 1916 Civil Guardia Mauser. I am a WW1 militaria collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Militaria View Post
    I would be interested to see pictures of your 1916 Civil Guardia Mauser. I am a WW1 militaria collector.
    My only problem with this one is that it was scrubbed. But pretty nice though. I'm still on the look out for a nice one in 7mm.
    1 - ID Spain M1916 1916 Oviedo sn OT-55171 C&R.jpg

My old one that I sold was better

1 - ID Spain Modelo 1916 Civil Guardia sn 10180 C&R.jpg

I really liked this one too...

1 - ID Spain Model 1895 Carbine 1899 Oviedo sn A2657 C&R.jpg

But the last two went with my collection when I sold it in July of 2020
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123