Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5180 of 2017 Allow use of pneumatic airbows in certain hunting seasons

HB 5180 of 2017
    Natural resources; hunting; use of pneumatic airbows in certain hunting seasons; allow. Amends secs. 40102, 40103 & 40114 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.40102 et seq.) & adds sec. 40111d.
    Last Action: 10/26/2017 bill electronically reproduced 10/25/2017
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5180 of 2017
    Natural resources; hunting; use of pneumatic airbows in certain hunting seasons; allow. Amends secs. 40102, 40103 & 40114 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.40102 et seq.) & adds sec. 40111d.
    Last Action: 1/16/2018 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...0-928543AB.pdf
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I see that they added not only an analysis file for this bill, they added an analysis for for an H-1 substitute that has not been revealed to us yet.
    They seem to do this with some frequency, have deliberations on legislation that has not been made public on their site.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I don't know why they don't just stick with limits on take. For instance, you can take three grouse. You should be able to hunt them any way you want. If you want to hunt grouse with a ballpeen hammer, if that is your thing, just don't take more than three.

Probably too easy that way.

I am a Forum User
    I'm still trying to figure out how it's a bow? It's just an air rifle that shoots arrows. A bow has limbs and string by definition. It's a gun plain and simple. Has no place outside of gun season. Crossbows are available for the handicapped to use during bow season. This is just away to try to get more people to reduce the already dwindling deer herd.

Quote Originally Posted by aquatic-archer View Post
    This is just away to try to get more people to reduce the already dwindling deer herd.
    And more power to 'em! The deer herd is still too large for its own good, and for the health of the surrounding ecosystem in a lot of areas - especially Southern Michigan. Honestly, I hope they soon look at removing rifle restrictions in Zone 3, at least for private land. Anything to get the deer numbers down and help stem CWD spread.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I don't know why they don't just stick with limits on take. For instance, you can take three grouse. You should be able to hunt them any way you want. If you want to hunt grouse with a ballpeen hammer, if that is your thing, just don't take more than three.

Probably too easy that way.

yes sir. your reasonable, easy and simple solution is directly counter-intuitive to the
    "hey, let's make more confusing laws, directives and suggestions" mentality.

shame on you.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5180 of 2017
    Last Action: 2/21/2018 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...0-8673FCF1.pdf