Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    I ended up getting it. From what I've read a lot of competition shooters liked this combo because Smith was a better revolver but Colt had a better barrel. I'm not am expert so I'm just stating what I've read. Does anyone else have any thoughts on value?
    Last edited by mkoopdeville; 10-31-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkoopdeville View Post
    I ended up getting it. From what I've read a lot of competition shooters liked this combo because Smith was a better revolver but Colt had a better barrel. I'm not am expert so I'm just stating what I've read. Does anyone else have any thoughts on value?
    I've had both N frames and Pythons and the only potential advantage I ever saw or felt that the Smith might have had (and did have to some) was the shorter hammer fall / faster lock time. Moran could make the single and double action both the same on a Python and IIRC had a speculative patent on it but, then again, some people actually liked the longer hammer fall of the Colt as it caused them to 'wait' for ignition patiently.

I hope your 'cross-breed' shoots well for many years; and it seems you have the older style S&W riveted hammer which is desirable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12