Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Scope for desert eagle

Thinking about using my desert eagle for hunting this year...

Anyone have suggestions on a scope for it? Im not familiar with pistol scopes at all, not to mention something for a 50. I do have a vortex red dot that fits and seems to be ok on it, although i havent tried shooting with it on there. Just looking for any input. Thanks

I am a Forum User
    I would suggest a red dot sight.

If you want a tube sight, the ultra dot match dot.

If you want a reflex sight, a C-more

Both of those scopes are the most common on the competition line. Good warranty which is important if you are putting it on a desert eagle.

Regards,
    Cranky

MGO Member
    I've currently got a Leupold M8-2x scope on my .50AE barrel. I have also used an older Bushnell 2-6.5x, as well as an EoTech and a Bushnell Holosight. All have held up fine to recoil on either the .44 or .50 barrels.

I really like the Leupold scope. 2X isn't a lot of magnification, but it still works well and gives a great field of view. It's also less bulky than the variable powered scopes.

One thing you may find is the Desert Eagle tends to have a slightly more narrow rail than your typical Weaver rail. And it's definitely not a Picatinny spec rail. I have found some scope mounts do not clamp down far enough to tighten on that rail. Just FYI.

MGO Member
    Update: just found out today a Bushnell TRS-25 will not handle he recoil from a .357 Desert Eagle. So I would expect the .44 or .50 to also be too much for it.

I am a Forum User