Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Advertise With MGO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5814 of 2018 - Modify CPL Fee

HB 5814 of 2018
    Weapons; licensing; concealed pistol licensing fee; modify. Amends secs. 5b & 5l of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425b & 28.425l).
    Last Action: 4/18/2018 bill electronically reproduced 04/17/2018
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

This bill proposes to reduce the $100 fee for new applicants and $115 fee for renewals down to $40 for either.

Of that fee, the amount going to the County is reduced from $26 to $20…therefore, reducing the amount going to MSP from $74 on new applicants and $89 on renewal applicants down to $20 for either.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I don't think they are in a tax cutting mood.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I don't think they are in a tax cutting mood.
    Me thinks MOC's pressing the MSP for the accounting of the State's little cash cow has something to do with this!

I think you are more than a little right, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    This bill proposes to reduce the $100 fee for new applicants and $115 fee for renewals down to $40 for either.

Of that fee, the amount going to the County is reduced from $26 to $20…therefore, reducing the amount going to MSP from $74 on new applicants and $89 on renewal applicants down to $20 for either.
    For a NEW application, there is still a line in there that says there is an additional $15 for finger printing if the applicant does not already have prints in the system.

The total charges will be $40 for renewal and $55 for new.

Regardless of the reason this Rep (singular) has for bringing this up, I still have a bit of cognitive dissonance over paying for the States' regulations of rights. This does seem to bring the fees a bit closer to the actual costs of processing and producing the license. Therefore I predict this will go nowhere without some extreme external pressure AND some internal black mail or loss of epic proportions in some other area.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    For a NEW application, there is still a line in there that says there is an additional $15 for finger printing if the applicant does not already have prints in the system.
    Correct, the fingerprinting fee is unaffected by this bill.

MSP doesn't get the fingerprinting fee.

Regardless of the reason this Rep (singular) has for bringing this up,
    Being brought up by Michele Hoitenga, one of the first/founding members (possibly the Chair) of the 2nd Amendment Coalition started right around the election of '16.
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by MI_XD View Post
    Regardless of the reason this Rep (singular) has for bringing this up,
    Being brought up by Michele Hoitenga, one of the first/founding members (possibly the Chair) of the 2nd Amendment Coalition started right around the election of '16.
    Your response to the truncated sentence that you comment on is just as irrelevant as that preambulatory phrase is without the rest (and subject) of the sentence.
    Your misquote is disingenuous at best.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast