Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5414 of 2018 - Lifetime CPL

HB 5414 of 2018
    Weapons; licensing; lifetime concealed pistol license; provide for. Amends secs. 5b, 5c, 5d, 5e & 5l of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425b et seq.) & repeals sec. 5h of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425h).
    Last Action: 1/17/2018 bill electronically reproduced 01/16/2018
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Interesting…pay $50 more than a "standard" license and get a lifetime license.
    You can go back to a standard license at any time.
    Why would anyone want to do that? Because a lifetime CPL won't qualify as a substitution for a NICS check when buying firearms.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I am neutral on this... Mostly because I am always concerned they will juke at the last minute and add something terrible.

I do think our licensing is FAR too expensive... Indiana regular permits are $40 and lifetime permits are $125.

Here's a recent comparison of costs https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0048.htm

They have also placed language for transferring a license to a new county if you wish to when you move. For an additional fee of course.

If an individual wishes to transfer a license to a new county of residence, the county clerk of that new county of residence shall charge that individual a fee of $25.00 and issue a new license to the individual. The county clerk is responsible for notifying the previous county clerk that he or she is no longer responsible for maintaining the license.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    They have also placed language for transferring a license to a new county if you wish to when you move. For an additional fee of course.
    Absolute trash. If anything it should just be transferred wholesale to the Michigan State Police, which is supposedly bringing an online renewal website by December 1 of this year as mandated by law.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    Absolute trash. If anything it should just be transferred wholesale to the Michigan State Police, which is supposedly bringing an online renewal website by December 1 of this year as mandated by law.
    It takes the state police 6 million + to maintain the existing database... or so they claim

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    It takes the state police 6 million + to maintain the existing database... or so they claim
    I'll do it for 5...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I'll do it for 5...
    That would be a pretty sweet gig... annually?

I'll do it for $4.99 million.

I am a Forum User
    4.5 & I'm not responsible for errors or omissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    4.5 & I'm not responsible for errors or omissions.
    neither are they.....

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast