Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If I was out in the yard, I think I would use it if I was in danger of losing my life. No different than using a shovel or a rake. But keeping it to use as a weapon may not be the smart thing to do.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Weapons; other; purchase and possession of certain self-defense spray concentration; allow under certain circumstances. Amends sec. 224d of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.224d).
    Last Action: 3/8/2018 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-5220-F.pdf

Also, since last update, the bill has come out of the Committee on Judiciary with positive recommendations and has been presented to the Committee of the Whole.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    It is one way the governor exerts his influence. The MSP does what the governor tells them. He is their boss and they are his personal lobbying arm.
    Interesting.

In the case of John Engler, he could have told the MSP reps on gun boards NOT to oppose shall issue. He did not since he didnt want to get involved w/ police issues or some such.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Weapons; other; purchase and possession of certain self-defense spray concentration; allow under certain circumstances. Amends sec. 224d of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.224d).
    Last Action: 3/15/2018 PLACED ON ORDER OF THIRD READING

Also: "REPORTED BY COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE FAVORABLY WITHOUT AMENDMENT(S)"
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    #1 Wasp spray is not permitted for use in self defense. Using it in a manner inconsistent with its labeling is a punishable offense and a violation of federal law as stated directly on the canister's label
    #2 Wasp spray has not been tested on humans so the effects are unknown
    #3 Carrying wasp spray for self defense knowingly violates its intended purpose and demonstrates a willful violation of the law.
    I have heard this more than a few times, but have honestly never seen an instance where anyone has ever been prosecuted for this. Have you? Do you really think the FBI is going to show up if someone uses wasp spray in a way they aren’t supposed to? Do you really believe a US attorney is going to prosecute this kind of case? Does the statute actually say it can’t be used this way?
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I have heard this more than a few times, but have honestly never seen an instance where anyone has ever been prosecuted for this. Have you? Do you really think the FBI is going to show up if someone uses wasp spray in a way they aren’t supposed to? Do you really believe a US attorney is going to prosecute this kind of case? Does the statute actually say it can’t be used this way?
    I am unaware of any cases. I doubt that the U.S. Attorney's office is looking to charge someone with it. But my big question is why would you use it, when a superior product that is legal is easily available?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Last Action: 3/20/2018 bill ordered enrolled

Passed Senate, should be presented to the Governor soon.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017
    Last Action: 4/10/2018 presented to the Governor 3/26/2018 @ 12:48 PM

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5220 of 2017 (PA 98 of 2018)
    Last Action: 4/10/2018 approved by the Governor 4/2/2018 @ 11:52 AM

assigned PA 98'18 with immediate effect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123