Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Here are the gun bills pending in the Michigan legislature

Here are the gun bills pending in the Michigan legislature

MLive
    November 12 Th. 2017

Lawmakers are mulling lots of gun bills

House Republicans outlined “defending second amendment rights” as one of their priorities for the 2017-2018 session. Senate Republicans, too have introduced a number of related bills, and more could crop up from either side in the future.

But for now, here's what's pending:

• Permitless concealed carry
    • Letting 18 to 20-year-olds concealed carry
    • Letting foster parents own guns
    • Allowing concealed carry in schools & other places
    • Eliminating pistol registration
    • Banning carrying in police stations
    • Banning local gun laws
    • Penalties for making guns accessible to minors
    • Letting people with personal protection orders carry in more places
    • Allowing more arms at military facilities
    • Changing personal protection orders
    • Letting places prohibit open carry
    • Letting certain people carry in gun-free zones
    • Exempting some people from needing a license for pistols

I am a Forum User
    Ah yes, another wonderfully slanted article from Emily Lawler, MLive's resident "expert" on guns.

Wait a minute! "Banning local gun laws"??? And I thought they were already banned!
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

I don't know about "slanted" or not. It does appear that they are making seem as ALL gun legislation is bad, yet, several of them are more on the "anti" side than the "pro" side. I do notice that the bills on "con-carry" 4416 through 4419 that got passed overwhelmingly from the house, and are being held by hostage by Meekhoff in his committee are not listed in the article.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    can one of you guys tell me what this means "Penalties for making guns accessible to minors"?

Accessible in what context? a minor knowing where a firearm is? shooting at a range? etc...?

Are you guys in favor of Permitless concealed carry?

If you read the article you can find links to each of the bills. Read them and judge them for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by focused313 View Post
    can one of you guys tell me what this means "Penalties for making guns accessible to minors"?

Accessible in what context? a minor knowing where a firearm is? shooting at a range? etc...?
    Michigan currently has no "safe storage" laws. That bill. SB 293, would be the first. Similar regulations have already been struck down by SCOTUS for the District of Colombia. I believe the intent here is to some how prevent minors from getting their hands on them. It don't work for the cookie jar, why do they think it would work for anything else, and how many more intrusions of government do we want in our homes?

Quote Originally Posted by focused313 View Post
    Are you guys in favor of Permitless concealed carry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Constitution, Article I § 6 Bearing of arms
    Sec. 6.

Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Constitution 2nd Amendment
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    In these sections the word "bear" also means "to carry". Is there anything in there that says "except"?

If you are good enough of a person to pass a NICS check to own it......

And even that hurdle is an "infringement" on ownership.
    Last edited by Smokepole; 11-16-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.