Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

Bushmaster AR clip fall out

I purchased a Bushmaster AR15 last year and finally got around to taking it to the range. Unfortunately every clip I tried installing falls out and will not lock into place when clip has 1 or more rounds in it. Empty clips lock in fine, but add a round into clip and it wont stay in the weapon and pulls right out. Am I doing something wrong or is their a design flaw in the Bushmaster Patrolmans version?

The mag catch may not be screwed far enough into the mag release button so it's not engaging far enough into the mag.
    BTW, it's a mag (magazine) not a clip.

Last edited by Imshootin; 12-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

MGO Member
    Thanks for the info, I'll try and adjust the mag release button as you mentioned. Strange that this occurs in what I thought would be a quality firearm from a brand name.

The threaded part of the mag catch needs to be screwed into the mag release button far enough to be flush with it's outside edge. If not, the part that catches the magazine isn't as far as it needs to be in the magwell to fully catch the indent on the mag.

Regarding Bushmaster, they're not the same company they used to be. Windham Weaponry is the company that was once Bushmaster's former owner and employees.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/abou...mpany-history/
    Last edited by Imshootin; 11-17-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Banned
    The Mag Catch may be binding, and may need some material taken off.
    I've seen the mag release button be out of spec and not slide in and out proper like also. YMMV
    I use a ball point pen to depress the button in, works well in the field

It won't happen with mags.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member
    It's funny to see this, because I was doing tactical reloads and this happened to me twice last weekend. I thought I did something wrong.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Banned
    I thread my button on the bare minimum to hold the Mag. Tolerance stacking happens, and I thought Cheaper Than **** was a no go here

Quote Originally Posted by hunterspirit View Post
    I thread my button on the bare minimum to hold the Mag. Tolerance stacking happens, and I thought Cheaper Than **** was a no go here
    I wouldn't give them a penny of my money but I found their video to explain how to put on the mag catch a whole lot simpler and clearer than the first video I tried. Thought the OP might need a little visual help, so you can relax.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin View Post
    I wouldn't give them a penny of my money but I found their video to explain how to put on the mag catch a whole lot simpler and clearer than the first video I tried. Thought the OP might need a little visual help, so you can relax.
    No I won't, you linked a forbidden item and have been judged

Maybe you should spend some time researching how to ASSemble a AR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast