Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Headed "home" from Western NC

Hey y'all

I was born and raised in the Lansing area, then moved down to the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of Western NC 14 years ago. I absolutely love those hollers, streams and people. But, the draw of family for my kids to grow up around is drawing us back "home" to Michigan. We'll likely land in the Midland area sometime next spring. My family has a small bit of property in the Alma/Ithaca area.

I'm very active - moderator - on the Carolina Shooters Forum and am looking for a similar community here in MI.

Primary interests are 3 Gun, long range and hunting. I also have an affinity for traditional black powder - flintlocks and fancy stocks.

I look forward to participating, learning and hanging out online with y'all.

First question would be....who has decent BBQ in mid-Michigan?!

I am a Forum User
    Lansing actually has a couple good BBQ places- MEAT is pretty good, Saddle back is supposed to be pretty decent, and I've heard some pretty rave reviews about Gump's.

That aside, for long range, the closest thing going is Marksmenship Training Center; 1k UKD/KD range- I'm a member myself. Blue Water is trying to get their board to approve a 850yd range expansion; they currently have a part-time 600 yd range.

I've also heard Young's Long Shot down in OH is a nice place. Never been myself.

Welcome!
    "Men that are real shoot a gun with a wheel" John Boland
    "My gun protects your rights" Hi-Point
    "Handgun bans hinder the ability to defend self and family" our past fearless leader Ed Hoffman
    "Don't buy a box of cereal expecting some big and fancy toy" remingtondude58 (Inspired by Mike Grace)

Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

I also have an affinity for the traditional muzzle loaders.

Now, you was from Western North Carolina, which to us is Down South or Back East. Do we have the major points covered?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

to MGO discussion forums and Marketplace from near the heart of the Thumb but soon to be a St. Clair County river rat.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

I also have an affinity for the traditional muzzle loaders.

Now, you was from Western North Carolina, which to us is Down South or Back East. Do we have the major points covered?
    I'll grant you the "down South"...but will take exception to "back East"....that's the AO of NY/NJ/MA folk!

I am a Forum User
    From Roseville...

I am a Forum User
    Welcome to the forum!