Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: New Red Dot

I am a Forum User

New Red Dot

I'm looking to purchase a red dot for my tactical shotgun.
    I'm looking at one of the Holosun models I've listed. If you have any experience or knowledge of either and how well they performed for you, I'd love to hear about it..

The Holosun hs503cu or hs510c

Thanks

MGO Member
    I bought a Red Dot 30mm. from E-bay for my Kel-tek 9mm. So far the sight has preformed excellent. It was $19.00 free shipping.

Banned
    Holosun RDS are tough stuff and will take the shotgun recoil unlike a FleaBay sub $20 RDS

I don't care for the battery compartment,but the dot is small and clear which works good with astigmatism.
    I sold mine off since I found some Aimpoints on the cheap

I like the Vortex Sparc AR. The turrets as well protected, the gas double as turret adjusters by flipping them over, auto off, aa battery, rubber cased, long battery life, free on the spot replacement warranty. Palmetto has the on sale.

Name:  series_rd_sparc-ar.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  14.9 KB

The holosuns you selected have great reviews but if I may just throw these few your way from my experince.

On the lowest end of the price scale the bushnell TRS-25. Make sure it’s the model with the emitter NOT at the 6 o clock position. The dot will disappear in the upper 1/3 of the tube. I have used them on 3 gun shotguns before I upgraded. They will take the abuse and recoil readily. Never had a malfunction.

An upgrade is Sigs Romeo 5. It has a low and lower 1/3 Mount 50k hour battery life motion activation and auto off. Amazon has them for $150 ish. Dvor and Optics Planet May have them for a little less. Haven’t tried one myself but they seem to be strong Optics. Lots of great reviews and abuse videos. I had to throw this in because they take Aimpoint Micro mounts if that’s a factor for you.

Primary has a sale on the Trijicon MRO. ADM mounts are included so you get a quality return to zero mount for mid $400.
    Love the MRO like it better than my Aimpoint Micros.

Mini reflex sights are another option if you don’t want to look through a tube. Burris Vortex Leupold and trijicon.
    My Benelli now uses a vortex venom in an ADM mount. It returns to zero if I remove it and reinstall it. It’s pretty tough and hasn’t failed yet.

Hope that helps.

MGO Member
    I think you would be better with a reflex sight. They tend to be closer to the bore and then you don’t have so much offset to account for. I would look at a Votrtex Venom. Since it’s for a shotgun you can go for larger dot.

I am a Forum User
    with the range of a shotgun, I'd probably save my money and get a cheap one with a large viewing sight since there isn't much range.

I put a 30mm amazon red dot (ATG iirc) on my 10/22 and it is holding up well, just wish the dot was a little smaller so I can see a bit better when I'm banging plates at 150yds with my bull barrel

I am a Forum User
    I bought both of them at a great price. The hs503cu is now on my AR and the hs510c is on the way and will go on my tactical 12 gauge. Wow is the hs503cu a nice crisp red dot with every feature I wanted.

I am a Forum User
    I absolutely love my Holosuns and glade I chose them over the MRO.

Watch "Holosun VS Trijicon - Red Dot Comparison" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/AGBbqtHHF7I