Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Aimpoint Pro vs Trijicon MRO

Which do you prefer and why?

I’m not an Aimpoint fan personally. The color they use is kind of a washed out amber, and I struggle with it each and every time. Loads of people love them, could just be me. I love the Trijicon’s; but again, not the amber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a Pro moved to the Micro. Sold most micros and now have MRO. My last Micro is on my AR pistol.
    Micro and MRO have better battery life than Pro and are a lot smaller and lighter. The Micro is optimized for use with a magnifier.
    I prefer the MRO over my Micros because of the better field of view. Early serial number MRO’s could have some electronic issues. Middle 15k and up MRO have a 1.1x magnification. I saw a video with the Yeti and he ran his MRO towards the back right in from if the back up rear sight. I tried it and it’s great. The larger housing of the MRO disappears and the bigger objective vs the Micro opens up your FOV. I have read that the latest MRO’s out now are true 1x which would be good if you wanted to mount them further up the receiver and use a magnifier. The 1.1x ones would give me a little fish eye at very close ranges if mounted up the reciever.

There are some great deals on the MRO and in that regard it blows the Aimpoint Micro and the PRO out of the water.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions

I like the MRO better for its wider field of view and larger objective lens.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    I like the MRO better for its wider field of view and larger objective lens.
    I sold my pro for an mro and I am happy. Pro is good but much prefer the compact size of the mro.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by no im not squinting View Post
    Had a Pro moved to the Micro. Sold most micros and now have MRO. My last Micro is on my AR pistol.
    Micro and MRO have better battery life than Pro and are a lot smaller and lighter. The Micro is optimized for use with a magnifier.
    I prefer the MRO over my Micros because of the better field of view. Early serial number MRO’s could have some electronic issues. Middle 15k and up MRO have a 1.1x magnification. I saw a video with the Yeti and he ran his MRO towards the back right in from if the back up rear sight. I tried it and it’s great. The larger housing of the MRO disappears and the bigger objective vs the Micro opens up your FOV. I have read that the latest MRO’s out now are true 1x which would be good if you wanted to mount them further up the receiver and use a magnifier. The 1.1x ones would give me a little fish eye at very close ranges if mounted up the reciever.

There are some great deals on the MRO and in that regard it blows the Aimpoint Micro and the PRO out of the water.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions
    By “middle 15k and up” are you referring to SN?

Quote Originally Posted by Trijicon’s website
    The Trijicon MRO Manufactured before Serial number 89,000 did have a very slight magnification of 1.05x which is within the range of competitive reflex-style sight. Responding to customer feedback Trijicon adjusted the magnification in MROs with a serial number of 89,000 or higher to have a magnification of 1.00x or no magnification.
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_MRO.php

Yes that’s it. Also they did a change in lense tilt and coating color vs. the earlier serial number.
    I read on another site that it was closer to 1.1 but in any case there was some magnification. Thanks for finding that.
    Maybe it’s me eyes but when going back and forth between my Aimpoint Micro and the MRO I swear the Aimpoint actually has a reduction vs a true 1x.

Quote Originally Posted by no im not squinting View Post
    Yes that’s it. Also they did a change in lense tilt and coating color vs. the earlier serial number.
    I read on another site that it was closer to 1.1 but in any case there was some magnification. Thanks for finding that.
    Maybe it’s me eyes but when going back and forth between my Aimpoint Micro and the MRO I swear the Aimpoint actually has a reduction vs a true 1x.
    And thanks for pointing that out. My MRO is pretty early, 12000ish serial.

I just today (12-5-17) received an MRO bought from Optics Planet with SN 86712.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-05-2017 at 10:58 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pjeski View Post
    And thanks for pointing that out. My MRO is pretty early, 12000ish serial.

I just today (12-5-17) received an MRO bought from Optics Planet with SN 86712.
    How noticeable of a difference is there from your new mro and old?

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    How noticeable of a difference is there from your new mro and old?
    I haven't put them side x side, but since my new SN is < 89000, I'm guessing there is no difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast