Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    interwebs 4-5 ounces more than ak47. How is the 556 trigger ?

I am a Forum User
    Interesting but would still prefer a Galil Ace.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Absolutely terrible with an even worse reset! We have one on consignment in our shop now. Surprising how bad the trigger is really.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    I agree its a huge deal at 1,000, I was saying I doubt it will really be that price, which is fine, thats the market, if people will pay 1500-1800 for an arsenal, why low ball yourself.
    Having owned a Krebs AK, I am shocked how much people will spend on something that is clearly not worth that much.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Having owned a Krebs AK, I am shocked how much people will spend on something that is clearly not worth that much.
    I do not understand the pricing, they charge huge premiums for the slightest differences, its almost as if it is completely removed from reality, they are all made for the same price if its not custom.

Quote Originally Posted by steve77 View Post
    Absolutely terrible with an even worse reset! We have one on consignment in our shop now. Surprising how bad the trigger is really.

It reminds me of a nail gun trigger. Its almost as if they made it intentionally vague.

MGO Member
    Yeah what ever became of the sig 550, did they ever get around to making them stateside anywhere as functional as the european made units.

I was real excited when they came out, heard a bunch of bad stuff, now you never hear about the 550.
    I have a 550a1 that I picked up used at Gun's Galore a few years back...they've had another one since for an even better price (had a little bit of war on the finish and looked like it had been fired a lot). I haven't shot it though. I do have their .22LR version that I also got at GG used...I've shot it and I like it.

Trigger is "different", but I wouldn't say terrible. It's flat if that means anything to you.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    I do not understand the pricing, they charge huge premiums for the slightest differences, its almost as if it is completely removed from reality, they are all made for the same price if its not custom.
    Agreed. I’m not going to make that mistake, again. There are some guns that are worth the high prices, but not those.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

MGO Member
    AK prices are mostly based on availability from the import bans. Dont forget that just a few years ago, the bone stock saiga 7.62 was around $450 after tax. You still had to spend $150-$200 in parts for the conversion to "Make it right". Now a stock one is double that prices. Krebs and the other "AK Builders" always commanded a premium. As AK prices went up, so did their services, parts, and premium versions.

value is relative though. my $1,500+ AR15 feels precision built. I cant imagine ever getting that feeling from an AK, unless it was honestly hand-milled and hand fitted from the ground up...

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    AK prices are mostly based on availability from the import bans. Dont forget that just a few years ago, the bone stock saiga 7.62 was around $450 after tax. You still had to spend $150-$200 in parts for the conversion to "Make it right". Now a stock one is double that prices. Krebs and the other "AK Builders" always commanded a premium. As AK prices went up, so did their services, parts, and premium versions.

value is relative though. my $1,500+ AR15 feels precision built. I cant imagine ever getting that feeling from an AK, unless it was honestly hand-milled and hand fitted from the ground up...
    I meant stuff like short barrel arsenal factory made pistol, side folder, stuff like that. There is nothing going on that much different in Bulgaria as compared to Romania. Stamped crap like mag release, sight housing, muzzle break of slightly different design, should with a short barrel not add hundred to an an. Compare wasr or yugo with arsenal, the price can be three times as much, arsenals compared to each other can be 1.5 times as much.

It does not hardly cost $30 bucks difference no matter what they do. Retail prices are in no way reflective of time or material.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast