Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

CMP 1911's update

For those of you who didn't receive this communication, here it is. It looks a little disconcerting and tedious, especially for repeat customers... And, it doesn't appear that they will be getting a large inventory of pistols in...

To all CMP constituents:

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.

All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.

Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) successful completion of a NICS background check, 6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holder before the pistol can be transferred. )This is confusing for a C&R holder. )

Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.

CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.

Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator. (Wonder how many they are actually receiving ?)

The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.

Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
    When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.
    As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson
    Chief Operating Officer
    Civilian Marksmanship Program
    www.thecmp.org
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

I am a Forum User
    I hope this happens.

MGO Member
    3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity

What would be an example of this? a receipt from the range for an hours time?

I just got an update from CMP. Their update is:

1911 type pistols purchased from CMP cannot be transferred to 03 FFL (curio and relic) license. BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a "store front" FFL dealer. Each customer purchasing a 1911 type pistol from CMP will be subjected to two NICS background checks, one performed by CMP and the other performed by the FFL dealer the pistol is being shipped to.

In addition, as noted by Glock1240ACP, you NOW need proof of being in a marksmanship program. This is new and severely limits those who will be able to purchase these. And, of course, pistols this old-made for military accuracy- would never be used by those participating in marksmanship programs. But, this does ensure that only a small (I hate to say it) elite group are able to purchase these.

When in fact, there is no more a collector's model of firearm that this pistol. Who, other than collectors of military history would buy these? Yet, it is being reserved for a specific group of people. I hate to have done this but here was my response to CMP...

Your stance on C&R holders just made up my mind. You can have all of your historical guns and rot in them. The Army nor you cannot skirt the law. On the one hand you will sell an M1 Rifle to a C&R but not a pistol that is closer to an antique than C&R eligible. You people and this government is the height of hypocrisy. It is odd that I have not seen a formal decision from the BATF on this. Go to hell CMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2340ACP View Post
    3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity

What would be an example of this? a receipt from the range for an hours time?
    It would be some kind of proof that you completed an activity to learn marksmanship or use the skills that you have learned in a competition.

You also have to have a membership in a CMP affiliated org. Go to that org and participate in a shoot of some kind, get a copy of the final results with your name as a line item. Attending an Appleseed event and joining Appleseed will cover every part of the CMP requirements except the NICS and Citizenship lines. Your membership in MGO covers the affiliate part. One of the many shooting competitions listed in the forums or an outside shooting class, like YSINTG, would cover that activity portion.

The marksmanship activity is NOT a new requirement. It is the core of what the original program was based upon.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 12-05-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I beg to differ. This is a new requirement. No such requirement when I purchased my M1 last spring.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It would be some kind of proof that you completed an activity to learn marksmanship or use the skills that you have learned in a competition.

You also have to have a membership in a CMP affiliated org. Go to that org and participate in a shoot of some kind, get a copy of the final results with your name as a line item. Attending an Appleseed event and joining Appleseed will cover every part of the CMP requirements except the NICS and Citizenship lines. Your membership in MGO covers the affiliate part. One of the many shooting competitions listed in the forums or an outside shooting class, like YSINTG, would cover that activity portion.

The marksmanship activity is NOT a new requirement. It is the core of what the original program was based upon.
    How would one prove it. I went to YSINTG, but I have no documentation.

Banned
    They will have soft metal, and you won't be shooting hot loads. *** the CMP

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep olllllo View Post
    How would one prove it. I went to YSINTG, but I have no documentation.
    give them your facebook logon so they can see you're on the MDFI alumni page?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by qz2026 View Post
    I beg to differ. This is a new requirement. No such requirement when I purchased my M1 last spring.
    You may beg all you want, but that requirement has been there for decades. You may have established qualification without knowing it, or they may have just let you slip by. Another possibility is that they may be just paying closer attention now. They used to accept a drivers license and your word for the citizenship requirement. They now require a little more substantial proof.

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity:

You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

• Current or past military service.
    • Current or past law enforcement service
    • Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
    • Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
    • Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
    • Concealed Carry License.
    • Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training. - FFL or C&R license.
    • Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
    • Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. Complete the CMP Marksmanship Form to certify your range firing and the required marksmanship related activity for an individual to purchase from the CMP.

No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. Proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages. NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/

Lots of people fit into one of those in the bulleted list, and just answered "yes" or showed a CPL or Hunters-ED card and didn't realize what it meant.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast